Reload this Page >

london hotels w/"family room" for 4

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:19 PM
frank

Anyone know of any nice hotels, reasonably priced (for London), centrally located in London with a "family" room, or any other room for 4 (i.e., 2 double beds)?

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Mel

We stayed at the Kensington Moat House two weeks ago. My brother, his wife and two teen-agers will arrive there later next week. They've been running a special of 70GBP per room--regardless of size--including full English breakfast which is incredible enough for two, but for the family room it's a really great deal. The &quot;family&quot; room has sturdy bunk beds in a small room as you enter, then a very large room with the double bed, so there's some measure of privacy. The hotel's in a terrific area--South Kensington--as well. I don't have the Web site, but the Moat House is a chain, so you should be able to put it in Google and find it easily enough. <BR><BR>Here's hoping the special is still on!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Ben Haines

I keep on disc a folder of parents comments on what their preteen children liked: shall I copy it to you by e-mail ?<BR><BR>A section of this folder reads thus:<BR><BR>In October 2002 I tried &quot;London child friendly hotel&quot; in Google. It gave me<BR>Earls Court, Windsor Hotel http://www.windsor-house-hotel.com/default.htm<BR>Near Goodge Street tube, Arran house Hotel, www.london-hotel.co.uk<BR>Near Piccadilly tube, 22 Jermyn Street http://www.22jermyn.com<BR>Knightsbridge, Millenium Hotel www.millenniumknightsbridge.activehotels.com/OPW<BR>Paddington, Falcon Hotel<BR>http://www.london-hotels-reservation...ington_hotels/ 60_paddington_hotels.htm<BR>Green Park, Athenaeum Hotel http://www.athenaeumhotel.com/welcome.html<BR><BR>I am sorry to see how many pages one must search to find even this small handful.<BR><BR>Notes from parents.<BR>We stayed in winter 2001 at the Ascot Mayfair, a 5 star apartment hotel, and took advantage of the 20% winter discount. We booked with london4rent.com and were pleased with the service.<BR><BR>London is expensive, especially at the 4-5 star end of the spectrum. Finding a room that will accommodate a family can be a challenge. But if you can afford it, stay in as central a location as possible. Mayfair is ideal (and expensive). The Athenaeum has family suites and apartments. There s a Holiday Inn in Mayfair that allows kids to stay in their parents' room, and offers typical &quot;American&quot; hotel rooms, as opposed to the more typical small-sized London hotel rooms.<BR><BR>Welcome6to lonrfon<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:56 AM
kitty

I have two suggestions for family room hotels in London. In June 2001 we stayed in two. The first was the Comfort Inn Hyde Park which had apartments you can rent by the night. We reserved a two bedroom for 158 pounds per night which included a light continental breakfast. When we got there they were out of two bedrooms but gave us a three bedroom for the same price. It was nice to have a place to wash our clothes, have a small kitchen, and be able to spread out. Only had one bathroom but it was very large (for England standards).<BR><BR>The other hotel we stayed in was the Thistle Marble Arch. We reserved an Executive Level Quad room for 153 pounds per night (no breakfast included). When we checked in they had no Executive Quads available so they gave us two connecting rooms that were very nice (like a nice Hyatt in the U.S.). One room had twin beds and the other a king size bed. We were very happy with these rooms which allowed us luxury, two tv's, and two bathrooms. <BR><BR>Both of these choices allowed us to spread out which was a relief because the rest of our 15 day trip across Great Britain we were in B&amp;B's and all shared one room. <BR><BR>Have fun.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Cameron

I have stayed at the Kensington Moat House, and the family room is exactly as Mel described it, except our room also had a couch with a fold out bed- the room could have slept 6, but that would have been very cramped. I stayed with my mother and aunt, and we had more than enough space for the 3 of us. The website for the Moathouse chain is www.moathouse.com. Also try the Thistle Hotel chain: www.thistlehotels.com <BR><BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Tony

There is a Holiday Inn located in Mayfair, which is one of the best, centrally located areas in London. It is a 4 star hotel and is priced quite reasonably given that it is located in Mayfair. The rooms are large by London families and a lot of families stay there.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Tony

Meant to say &quot;by London standards&quot;

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:34 AM
ga

BEn<BR><BR>I would love an e-mail of the list you have.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:57 AM
xxx

Le Meridien hotels is running a special at the Grosvener House for family rooms at the moment. THese consist of two bedrooms - one king and one or two twins, and are not up to the 5* standards of the rest of the hotel in terms of decoration, although they are quite nice. They were recently offering rates at 137.50 per night for these rooms.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 05:56 AM
trying

I thought I responded to this, but.... We stayed at the Travel Inn, London County Hall. Not a big room, but a double bed, a single, and a trundle. One of the best prices for a hotel that we found, also. Location is good next to the Eye.