Reload this Page >

kid friendly hotels in london

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:49 PM
happy

Going with my 5 year old and looking for <BR>hotels in london that are good for kids. 100<BR>pounds per night is the goal. Need your help.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Cameron

I think most hotels in London are good for kids. That being said, I'm not a parent, so I don't know specifically what you mean by kid friendly. GBP 100 should be very easy to do. The Moathouse chain (www.moathouse.com), the Thistle chain (www.thistlehotels.com) are both very nice, and you can get a very nice room that should meet your criteria. Also, from reading this board I have learned that the Holiday Inn and the Marriot both have several nice hotels in London- maybe those are good options for you. Good luck!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Ben Haines

People on this forum have listed tese<BR><BR>Hotels. From Ben Haines. In October 2002 I tried &quot;London child friendly hotel&quot; in Google. It gave me<BR>Earls Court, Windsor Hotel http://www.windsor-house-hotel.com/default.htm<BR>Near Goodge Street tube, Arran house Hotel, www.london-hotel.co.uk<BR>Near Piccadilly tube, 22 Jermyn Street http://www.22jermyn.com<BR>Knightsbridge, Millenium Hotel www.millenniumknightsbridge.activehotels.com/OPW<BR>Paddington, Falcon Hotel<BR>http://www.london-hotels-reservation...ington_hotels/ 60_paddington_hotels.htm<BR>Green Park, Athenaeum Hotel http://www.athenaeumhotel.com/welcome.html<BR><BR>I am sorry to see how many pages one must search to find even this small handful.<BR><BR>Notes from parents.<BR>We stayed in winter 2001 at the Ascot Mayfair, a 5 star apartment hotel, and took advantage of the 20% winter discount. We booked with london4rent.com and were pleased with the service.<BR><BR>London is expensive, especially at the 4-5 star end of the spectrum. Finding a room that will accommodate a family can be a challenge. But if you can afford it, stay in as central a location as possible. Mayfair is ideal (and expensive). The Athenaeum has family suites and apartments. There's a Holiday Inn in Mayfair that allows kids to stay in their parents' room, and offers typical &quot;American&quot; hotel rooms, as opposed to the more typical small-sized London hotel rooms.<BR><BR>4 November 2002: We stayed at the Kensington Moat House two weeks ago. My brother, his wife and two teen-agers will arrive there later next week. They've been running a special of 70GBP per room regardless of size, including full English breakfast which is incredible enough for two, but for the family room it's a really great deal. The &quot;family&quot; room has sturdy bunk beds in a small room as you enter, then a very large room with the double bed, so there's some measure of privacy. The hotel is in a terrific area, South Kensington, as well. I don't have the Web site, but the Moat House is a chain, so you should be able to put it in Google and find it easily enough. <BR><BR>Here s hoping the special is still on.<BR><BR>This is a section of a compilation I keep of what Fodors parents have said their small children like: I have attached it to the e-mail copy of this reply.<BR><BR>Welcome to London<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR><BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:46 AM
trying

Try searching for the Travel Inn - County hall. Stayed there with a 2 year old; bedding for 4 people. Not big rooms, but ok. Next to the Eye and the aquarium.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Ana

We stayed in Kensington Moat House with two children in August. The family room is very big for London but it was really dirty, especially the bathroom and the toilet and shabby.<BR>Ana

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:56 PM
xxx

What's a shabby?<BR>