Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can someone please recommend a hotel for 2 adults and 2 children in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Duane

Hello all,<BR><BR>My brother is in Scotland, much thanks to several nice people on this board. He and his family are going to be spending four (4) nights in London before returning home to Seattle. I have tried to search for this answer by using the search feature of this site, but couldn't find anything directly on point.<BR><BR>There will be 2 adults, and 2 children, age 3 and age 1. This is their first time in London, and they want to see most of the main attractions that most of us saw on our first couple of trips to London. They also are going to try and see the Lion King while there. <BR><BR>Can someone please recommend a hotel, which will be family friendly, for 120 pounds or less, per night, which is centrally located, or at least extremely convenient to the tube, which would meet their requirements. I was thinking of some hotels in the Victoria area since that would be fairly centrally located, and since you can get to almost any part of London from Victoria's tube station.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for all of your help!<BR><BR>Duane

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Leslie

The Burns Hotel in Earls Court. Nice 3 star place on a quiet street near the tube stop. Great breakfasts - buffet style - kids will love it. Also, the London Guards Hotel in Bayswater has "quad" rooms.<BR><BR>With the 1 year old a crib might be best so you can search for a triple room and request a crib. Go on www.hotel-assist.com...they have great rates and live online operators who can help you. Also, try www.londontown.com.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Terry

A family friendly hotel near the London Eye, Thames, Waterloo station is the London County Hall Travel Inn www.travelinn.co.uk Children under 15 stay free with parents. Request a family room and you will have a queen size bed plus a couch with a trundel bed. Cost is around 77GBP/night. There are now several restaurants in the area to choose from, along with one in the hotel. NO a/c.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:32 AM
kavey

I think the Kensington Moat House has family rooms for &pound;70.<BR><BR>Or you could see if they would do two rooms for &pound;120, but I don't know.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:40 AM
MH

Also, you may want to check out this website: www.londontown.com and see what specials they have to offer. A co-worker of mine who is currently living in London, referred me to this site. I found it immensely valuable and user friendly. Have fun with your brother and his family in my hometown of Seattle. I live in Germany and haven't been back in ages...I miss everything about it, especially my mom.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Duane

Thanks for all of the replies!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:41 AM
elaine

Duane<BR>Here are a few more. I have not stayed at them, but I have noted that all have been praised on this message board and elsewhere.<BR><BR>Norfolk Court 16-20 Norfolk Sq, phone 207 723 4963, fax 207 723 3856. Breakfast included. Place is said to be a two-minute walk from Paddington Station, described as "small and friendly" with rooms that are " comfortably but not elegantly furnished.", neighborhood "safe".<BR><BR>In the same area:<BR>Norfolk Plaza Hotel<BR>29-33 Norfolk Square, http://www.norfolkplazahotel.co.uk/<BR><BR>In May 2002 the New York Times recommended The Express by Holiday Inn, 106-110 Belgrave Road, www.hiexpress.co.uk. phone 207 630 8888, fax 207 828 0441. It's in Pimlico, 52 "cheerful" rooms, some of which can accommodate a family of four. $145 per night including tax and light breakfast.<BR><BR>also from the New York Times: The Park Hotel, 64 Belgrave Rd, phone 207 834 3118<BR>Fax 207 834 9328. A newly-renovated budget hotel. Close to Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace.<BR>18 Rooms, doubles start(ed) at approx $110 with continental breakfast.<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:58 AM
janis

Duane: You have gotten several good suggestions. One thing to note when talking/e-mailing with, or reading the web sites of, any UK hotel: What you need is a triple room and a cot. A COT is a crib. They MAY understand what you are asking for when you say a crib, but just to be on the safe side use the correct term.<BR><BR>Also, you say the family is already in Scotland - if so you are probably looking at last minute bookings. Some of these places are so well recommendedthat they are often full . Some will have rooms so just keep trying.<BR><BR>BTW - If your brother goes to any Tourist Information Center in Scotland they will book them a hotel and save all the phone calls, etc. it is called the book a bed ahead scheme and for a very small fee (about &pound;2.50) they will contact London TIC and find them a place in the price range and area they request.