London hotels in Knightsbridge

Old May 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London hotels in Knightsbridge

Will be in London early July. Am thinking Knightsbridge/Kensington area. Range in $150-$200 daily rate. Any suggestions?

Also, can someone recommend a London tour company.

Thanks
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:02 PM

I have stayed in the Millenium Knightsbridge a couple of times. A modern 4* hotel in a great location. Rooms are not too small and they often have good deals - doubles for 99pounds and up - on their web site.
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:15 AM

do a search here or at www.tripadvisor.com for the
Claverly or Claverley, I think the latter is correct but I've seen it spelled both ways on websites.

I stayed there a couple of years ago. I think the prices are still within your range. It had some aspects that were showing signs of needing upgrading (thin towels, slightly worn carpet in the hallways) but rooms are spotlessly clean and with some charm. Bathrooms good, plenty of hot water. Pretty extensive cooked breakfast provided every morning, plus cold buffet.

Location 3 blocks from Harrods on Beaufort Gardens, a quiet side street.
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:41 PM

Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Cromwell Road South Kensington. Telephone: 011442074374370. We stayed there last year and will do so again this year. Prices seem to vary greatly but I got a better deal by phoning than they show on their website. You can book room only or with breakfast. The breakfast was super! You don't need lunch. Re tour companies: I have some names from previous visits but need to know what you want them for so I can look for them [and hopefully find them]
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Try the Basil Street Hotel, wonderfully old-fashioned and comfortable. The location is about half a block from the Knightsbridge tube station and just around the corner from Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM

We are staying at the Rembrandt on Thurlow Pl just X from the Victoria and Albert Museum and a few blocks w of Harrods in July for 99 GBPs (+ the dreaded vat of 17.5%)
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Airlawgirl

Parless-check my suggestion to "help-losing my mind" on finding a hotel in London in your price range. My advice: the Rembrandt is IT. Check out all the superlative comments about the hotel on TripAdvisor.com, and then look at the website with all the pictures. My London lawyer friend advises all his American friends to stay there-he thinks it's the best-so do I.