London Day trips and luggage question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of us is interested in booking a day trip with Viator or Premium or another company like that for the day trip to Windsor/Stonehenge and Bath. We would like to stay in Bath and not take the return segment back to London. That would mean we would need to take our luggage with us- does anyone know if those companies allow that? I have emails in to them but thought someone here might have experience with this.
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 01:52 AM

Did this trip Viator.com does overnites but EXPENSIVE contact

them DIY via Oxford by train fun flexible cheaper for me

eurocheapo.com/london londontown.com many nice options in Bath

Have fun,
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
As usual I can't my head around one of qwo's posts

Going to Oxford doesn't get you anywhere near Stonehenge or Bath . . . And you would still have to deal w/ luggage

How many in your 'group'?The guided coach tours are very expensive and you get very little time at the sites. But I guess that might not matter if you are staying over in Bath. You'd rush through Windsor and get a short stop at Stonehenge but could do what you want in Bath. For a LOT of £££ though.

If you are just a small group (6 or fewer) you'd be MUCH better off renting a car/people mover and driving yourselves. It would save a fortune and you could go where you please.

Another option is to do a day trip to Stonehenge/Salisbury by train from London - no luggage issues and a lot cheaper than a tour. Then another day take the train to Bath to stay over.

But it partly depends on what the rest of your itinerary is and where you are going after Bath . . .
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

I did hear back from one tour operator who said taking luggage was no problem.

We ( a group of 8) have to be in Bath that night anyway and were debating between renting our cars in London and driving ourselves to Bath that day or taking this tour option and not getting our rental cars for several more days and being able to avoid London driving.
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"<i>. . . and being able to avoid London driving.</i>"

Absolutely no reason at all to drive in London if you don't want to. Just head out to LHR by public transport and collect your cars there. The airport sits right on the the motorway that goes to Bath -and is convenient to the roads to Stonehenge, etc. Plus Windsor Castle is only 7 miles from LHR.

So you could easily do any combo of Windsor/Avebury/Stonehenge or other sites enroute to Bath. Since you are renting cars anyway --it is sort of a no brainer IMO.