Search

Loganair purse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair purse

Waiting to hear back from Loganair, so I decided to try here in the meantime to see if anyone had prior experience with my question.

Flying (most likely) from Glasgow to Orkney this spring, and can't seem to find size limits for the allowed purse. I have a small crossbody bag that I use as a purse everyday, about 8"x12" and maybe 2" deep. It more or less hugs my body, doesn't stick out much, but seeing the limit on a personal item/hand luggage, I'm starting to worry.

Any comments welcome. TIA

Last edited by willyk5353; Jan 23rd, 2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 01:05 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors. A crossbody bag that size should be fine. They just don't want a back pack or large tote bag. I've only flown LoganAir once and it wasn't to Orkney, which has special requirements, but I had a larger crossbody bag/personal item than that and they didn't give it a second look.
Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Yes, Orkney flights seem to have plenty of obstacles. And that's just the purse. Now I have to try and find a small enough backpack to stay within the onboard hand luggage requirement! The 6kg weight limit isn't what's giving me fits. Its the 40x35x18 cm limit that's very hard to deal with. Whatever I find, I better make sure not to fill it too much, and make sure its very squishable!