We will be ending our 18-day trip with 3 days in beautiful Venice this coming June, exciting for DH and I as our trip will be exactly 10 years from our lovely honeymoon there .
As we will have been touring for a couple weeks, we will have a rental car with us upon arrival in the Veneto. We will also have...GULP... our 3.5 yr old son and our 16 month old son. Our older son is a special needs child, has traveled with us quite a bit previously, and is an excellent traveler. Due to his needs, we travel with more luggage and there is no way to reduce it. It's not so extensive that we require a porter, but DH and I are extremely weighted down when we have to transfer with luggage. So the less distance while carrying everything, the better.
Looking at AutoEurope, it appears we can return the car to either the airport (VCE) or to Piazzale Roma. Our apartment is in the same building as Hotel Guerrato (near Rialto Mercato vaporetto stop).
Given the luggage and two small children, we would appreciate advice on where to return the car and how to make the" transfer to the apartment process" as easy as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Driving
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 9 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas Markets 2017
- 14 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 15 Budget trip
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Algarve Town Selection
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 paris to london- day trip
- 21 Browsing Barcelona
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 24 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19