Locanda Orseolo

Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Locanda Orseolo

Which would be better to reserve, a Standard room on the canal side or a Superior double on the courtside? I appreciate everyone's advice on this forum and would value an opinion from someone who has stayed there as I need to let Locando Orseolo know. Thanks.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:37 AM

Please, is this is Orseola that is right next to the Venice train station - i stayed in a place a few times that seemed to be named this. Thanks.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:52 AM

No, it is not next to the train station.

We had a standard canal room and loved it. But I don't think the canal view is necessary if you've been to Venice before. It's a tossup-- the canal view is wonderful, and all of the rooms are beautiful.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
SRS

I've stayed in both those types of rooms at Orseolo. If it is your first trip to Venice, I'd probably go with the standard canal room because the view is really lovely. Having said that, the superior rooms are quite a big larger, so if you want space and have seen the views, I'd opt for that. If it were me (but I've had views there before), I would get the superior for the space. Seriously, you can't go wrong.

Have a great trip!
Sally
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

We have never been to Venice. Canal out the window vs. larger room is a difficult choice. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM

If you've never been to Venice, I would lean toward the canal view.

Just trying to help you decide.

On the other hand, if you're extremely noise sensitive, you may want the courtyard side of the hotel. There are deliveries on the canal in the mornings. The noise did not bother us at all.

We had two large wardrobes and plenty of room for our luggage in the standard size room.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
SRS

If it is your first trip, then I would get the canal side - it will be more special! The view is really nice.

I found the bathroom to be the biggest difference between the rooms. The superior has a tub and lots more space whereas the standard contains a shower stall and is quite small, but very doable!

One of my colleagues is staying there at the end of May and had a superior canal side, but then the hotel had some pipe problems and her room is no longer available.

She was given the same options as you and it is her first trip also. We talked and she is staying in a standard canal side, mainly becuase I think on the first trip, a view matters more, particulary when you will be paying more or the same for a non-view.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM

I highly recommend the canal view room for a first visit to Venice. I stayed for one night last August and I loved it. There are deliveries in the early morning but I didn't notice any noise.

Have a great time and enjoy the fantastic breakfast at the hotel.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:34 PM

Just spent Valentine's day this past Feb. Standard canal view gives you the best of both. Not as if we were in the room much, but the canal view is nice. Slightly noisy at night but the noise dies down around 11pm. People aren't roaming around that late in that area.

The standard room has a "room" where the bed is and also a separate "room", where the bed, TV and armoire is. It's really big for an Italian room.

Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM

Our standard canal view room did not have two rooms. did you mean the superior canal view? or maybe there are two standard canal view rooms. We were in room 12 "Isabella."
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:56 AM

shame on me, can't remember my own planning details. I did have a superior room overlooking the canal. Hence, the two rooms.

thx for catch tim & liz
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:12 PM

bookmarking
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:32 AM

Did any of you folks that have stayed at LO travel into Venice after dropping rental car? We will be dropping car at Piazzalle Roma...Avis...what are our options to get to hotel?
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM

tinamidon- You can take a waterbus or a water taxi. I think there are directions on the website.

We have just reserved 3 rooms over New Year's Eve! Does anyone have experience with a triple room? We will have three adults in a superior canal side room (and also have reserved two standard canal side rooms).