Lindau accommodation quandry

Aug 7th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Lindau accommodation quandry

I have attempted every strategy I know to contact hotels and gasthaus type accommodation in Lindau and I get NIL response. WHY IS THIS SO??????
I only want one night in late September for three and cannot get a reply. I'm confused. Is this how the German 's treat tourists?
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:55 AM

If you stay in Lindau at the promenade, please check the Hotel Bayerischer Hof (first class / 4 stars), they have view over germanies biggest lake to the swiss coastline and you can board a small bodensee cruise or ferry to the island of flower called "insel mainau".

You can also make online reservations, p.e. www.hotel.de - city - lindau(bayern means bavaria) because lindau can also be found in northern regions of germany !!! More help needed ?
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:02 AM

Is your one night on a weekend? Sometimes emails for unavailable dates aren't answered because places get so many. Try calling places.
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:05 AM

A dozen years ago, those Americans who had e-mail accounts did not necessarily check their e-mail daily since most of thir friends and customers still used the phone for most communication.

Although e-mail communication is now more commonplace in Germany, you must remember that you are communicating with people from a different culture who may eventually adopt our e-mail habits but who as of now prefer the telephone.

I can guarantee you that they will answer the phone if you call and that many of them will speak English.

Try the phone. Very cheap with a Costco calling card - less than $.10/min, and you'll get the response you desire.
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Well, thank you russ for your interpretation of the old continent.
Maybe thats the reason (or one of it) why some germans found american habits not always as glorious as you were told by people of your kind
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:20 AM

HUH?
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:20 PM

to Confidential - why the ugly answer? I thought Russ's reply quite helpful and true.
Aug 8th, 2003, 06:07 AM
jmw

Hi, part of the problem might be that you're only going to be there one night. Is there an e-mail address for the tourist office in Lindau? Ask if they'll find a room for you when you arrive. Most towns' tourist offices will do that for you -- That way the hotels can fill up their odd nights here and there. You just go to the office (usually in the train station) and wait your turn, and voila, a room. J.

Aug 8th, 2003, 01:53 PM

mccamish:
Don't get frustrated! Go to www.lindau-tourismus.de/en click on'accomodations',unfortunately, the rest of the criteria asked for is in german. Zimmer is room, doppelbettzimmer is double bed, dusche is shower, bad is tub, wc is toilet. Enter date of stay and click search. I came up with two possibilities for late Sept...Hotel Viktoria garni with dbl/shower & WC + breakfast fpr 29-45 Euro per person. Parkhoterl ACafe Eden with same amenities for 35-45 E pp.
Good luck! Pistures of hotel are also posted.
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Me again! Sorry, did not notice that the room was for three. When you go to the previously mentioned Lindau tourism site, you'll need to ckick on "Hosts" at the left to get to accomodations search. Then Zimmer, Hotel or Gasthof, Dreibettzimmer (for 3 beds),Fruehstueck (for Breakfast, if desired), Preisvorstellung is top price per person acceptable, Anreise is arrival date, Abreise is departure date. Hope this gets you somewhere! Looks like Parkhotel Cafe Eden is still available at same rate.

Search this Thread