Reload this Page >

Le Meridien hotels

Search

Le Meridien hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:50 AM
Steve

Le Meridien hotels

Le Meridien has a great offer for their European properties thru Visa.<BR>Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the chain? Specifically London and Paris locations.<BR>thanks

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:53 AM
andy

Sorry, not in your sites. However, have been at New Orleans site and found it a nice experience.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:33 AM
pattylovesparis

Paris Meridien half a block from the Champs, right at Etoile, perfect for transportation, walking, shopping, dining. Nice business 4 star, newly renovated. Small rooms like all Paris hotels. Meridien is a French chain and highly regarded. Go for it.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:33 AM
lucky

Not in these cities...but have stayed at Le Meridien in Frankfurt, Moscow, and Chicago. All of my experiences have been quite good. In my view this is a great hotel chain. I would not worry about it. You are right, they are having some great promos right now.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:39 AM
Patrick

Funny you should mention. I just happened upon Le Meridien in Munich, which is apparently newly refurbished and right across from the train station (nice, since we're thinking of basing there for four or five days and training out a lot next summer). They have a web special of something like 115 Euro for rooms that are normally more than double that.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:43 AM
Lynlor

We like the Meridien in Paris. I thought we were the only ones that did....some Fodor Posters have said they don't like it. Another thumbs up for this hotel....especially with a good rate. Please tell us about this offer.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>lynlor

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:49 AM
Sue

Several yrs. ago I stayed in the Meridien Montparnasse and found it to be charmless, but certainly more than adequate in terms of amenities. It felt as tho I could have been in any large city in the world in it. Just don't expect it to give you the same experience as a small, family run hotel on one of the little streets of Paris, which is my preference when I go to there.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:36 AM
annie

Steve:<BR>I stayed at the Montparnesse location. Though is is not as "Parisian" as I would have liked, it was a nice place to stay. Right across the street from the Rail Station and the Air France Shuttle bus leaves you right across the street. Air France owns the hotel.<BR>The restaurants are lovely.<BR>The Big Plus for us was the Concierge Patrick. I hope he is still there.<BR><BR>The Etoile location was a bit far removed as I remember.<BR>Have a great trip

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:04 AM
Steve

Thanks. Any more input anyone?<BR>By the way, the offer thru Visa is 2 nights for the price of one. But I believe you have to book it over the phone (the offer is on the Visa website but not Le Meridien's).