laundry in rome

May 25th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

laundry in rome

We will be staying at Hotel Italia. Does anyone know the closest place to do our laundry? Also, I would like to know how much it costs and any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Crystal
May 25th, 2004, 12:59 PM

Not sure where your hotel is but we found a place near Piazza Navona. It was E16 for 2 loads. I don't have the address but it was on a street off of Corso Vittorio Emanuele (I think that's the street name) Find Chiesa Nuova and when you're facing it go down the street that is on the right side of it. Mario, who was working, has you put your clothes in and then he'll add the soap and money himself. He'll also talk your ear off while it's washing. Quite the character!
May 25th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Wash & Dry Lavarapido is a chain of self service laundries that has 4 locations in Rome. For addresses look under "our laundry" on their website:

http://www.washedry.it/_eng/default.shtml

I believe the closest one to you will be the one on Via Urbana.

Last spring they charged 3euro per 30 minute wash and 3euro per 25 minute dryer. The dryers are large enough for two wash loads. The machines only take tokens. The token dispenser gives the maximum tokens for the money inserted, so try to have coins/small bills to insert. There is a soap, softener, bag vending machine as well.

If by chance you are thinking of taking Wisk (or like) tablets with you, crush or break them into small pieces before use. It will save you paying for an extra wash to get all the soap out.

Enjoy Rome.
May 25th, 2004, 01:38 PM

In 1997 we did our laundry at Launderette Ondablu, located at Via Principe Amedeo, 70. It was a self serve located in the neighborhood near the train station. I don't know how much it cost because my husband did the laundry. Ironically, we had to travel 3000 miles for me to get my husband to finally help with the laundry! Happy traveling and happy washing. Peace.

Robyn
May 25th, 2004, 03:45 PM

I'm also not sure where your hotel is but, in addition to the other laundries people have mentioned, there's a laundry (not self-service) on the north side of Campo di Fiori.
May 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM

I too have used the Ondablu by the termini and was pleased. They are a chain and have several locations. Also helpful was the internet accsess which did not cost an arm and a leg. Great pizza across the street too.

adogaer - I just recently used the one on Chiesa Nuova and your right Mario will talk your ear off.