Laundromats in Italy?

Search

Laundromats in Italy?

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laundromats in Italy?

I gathered from the messages I have read is to pack lightly. Since we are going for two weeks, are there laundromats in Rome, Florence or Venice? Do most hotels have laundry services?

Thanks for the information

Spud
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:11 PM

Spud, in a word "yes." There's lots of info in the archives about this subject; here's how to retrieve it:

Do three separate searches. Type in the text box at the top of your screen:
laundromat and Rome
laundromat and Florence
laundromat and Venice

All the information you need will appear in threads on the left side of your screen.
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:29 PM

Hi,

We used laundromats in Praiano and Rome Italy. At these places you drop off the clothes and pick them up at the end of the day, washed, dried, and folded. I do not remember how much it cost, but it was not too expensive. Do not use the hotel service as they charge per piece and it is expensive. The laurdromats in Rome seemed to be near the train station. Have a fun and clean trip.
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:08 PM

There are quite a few lavenderias in Florence, so that shouldn't be a problem. I noticed recently in Venice that there's a new one on the same calle as the Hotel Al Piave in Santa Maria Formosa. And there's one on the "main drag" from the train station heading toward San Marco, about 5 minutes from the train station. There are a couple of others in Venice, I'm told, but I've not been able to locate them. Take note of open/close hours.
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:11 AM
ira

Hi yipper

Can you tell me the location of the laundromat in Praiano?
Old May 14th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Just got back from Italy, 3 weeks, and did laundry twice, plus lots of handwashing. It's amazing how quickly you can smell up your clothes with all the trekking!

You'll have no problem finding them in the big cities you mentioned, and Rick Steve's book is pretty good at telling you where. Be prepared to pay about 10-15 euro to wash and sorta-dry a load. They have detergent packets you can buy.

There's also places where you can drop off your clothes in the morning, and you get it back washed and dried, about the same price. I never tried this myself.
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Hi Ira,

In Praiano the laundry service is on the main road, in the little commercial section, beyond the church on the left hand side of the road as you travel towards the town of Amalfi. It was more expensive than Rome, but good serive.