Laundrettes open on Sunday in London?

Jun 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Laundrettes open on Sunday in London?

Does anyone know if coin operated laundrettes are generally open on Sundays in London? Now, I'd have no reason to think they're not, but when one assumes...

I did an internet search and came up with tons of laundrettes, but no specifics on my question. Just need a simple coin operated place, no dry cleaning.

Thanks,
Jun 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM

It depends on the laundrette
Jun 17th, 2007, 01:57 PM

I was in my local one, in west London, this morning. In my experience, most are open seven days a week, but most only open when staff are on duty, so opening times are variable.
Jun 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM

It would help to know where you are saying. There is one between Gloucester Rd and S.Ken tube that is open on Sundays, but that would be no help to you if you're staying in Docklands.
Jun 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Fair question, Jody. I did not mention where I was staying because I find London so easy to get around (we're talking only a small amount of clothes) that the location of a known laundrette wasn't too important to me.

Still, I see your point. I'll be a short walk from High Street Kensingson, so the one in the area you mention will be a fine solution. Thank you.