Latin Quarter Hotels

Dec 20th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Rose

Latin Quarter Hotels

I am looking for a good hotel in the Latin Quarter/St Germain area. I dont want to spend more that 200 Euros per night (I would like less of course) but am very picky! Looking for something on the newer side and clean. Size not really an issue

Thanks
Rose

Dec 20th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Pierre

Darn! I only recommend dirty hotels. Sorry.

Dec 20th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Pierre

Dont waste my time!!

Dec 20th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Rich

We have used the Hotel de Fleurie several times and been very satisfied there. Just off St Germain so it is quite. Excellent staff, nice rooms.

http://www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr

Hope this helps . . Rich

Dec 20th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Bryan

Try the Hotel St. Jacques.

Dec 20th, 2002, 07:44 PM
cathy

Earlier this year we stayed at the Cluny de Jardin in the Latin Quarter. Although the room wasn't beautiful, it was very functional---with a large bathroom, A/C, separate toilet area, comfie bed, and VERY quiet. It is on a side street with no traffic. Since we were only in the room to sleep, it served us well. We didn't eat breakfast there, since there was a Brioche Doria nearby and on the way to the Metro station.

Dec 21st, 2002, 02:23 PM
xxx

Try Hotel Abbatial St. Germain right on Blvd. St. Germain in the 5th district. It's a short walk to the Pantheon, Notre Dame, right bank, rue de Buci in St. Germain, etc. In other words it's in a very central location. The hotel is a typical moderate hotel-get a triple room for a bit more space than doubles which are tiny. Bathrooms are modern and the triple rooms are located on the 5th & 6th floors, therefore affording views of the Pantheon & the Notre Dame spires. Cost for a triple when we stayed there was 168 euro and an additional 8 euro/person for continental buffet breakfast which was pretty good.

Dec 21st, 2002, 04:57 PM
daph

We stayed at the Jardin de Cluny and it was so noisy that my husband got ill from lack of sleep. There is a noisy restaurant beneath on the street side and it lets people [from the bar?] out at 2 in the morning. A couple was complaining about the noise at the front desk when we were there. We, like fools, stuck it out. Now, although it adds quite a bit of weight, we travel with a noise machine.

Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:58 AM
Maira

A double is probably half your budget, but on that neighborhood, strongly recommend the Hotel St. Christophe. Close to Metro Momge, their staff was the most courteous we have found from the hotels we have stayed in Paris. Very clean, they do not have A/C, though (at least not back in June 1996). Their breakfast was very good, the pizza place across the street was excellent. We walked to the Pantheon, Sorbonne, lively neighborhood. Check the website at:

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005saintchris.htm

Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:13 AM
Maira

RE: Location Hotel St. Christophe

You may know about the following website already because it has been posted about 50 times on this forum, BUT in case you don't, if you go to the following website:

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/rc.cgi?lang=en and type 17 Rue Lacepede, Paris in the respective fields (Number, street, City) you will get pictures of the hotel street location, including across/up/down the street. Hope this helps. At the time of the pictures, it looks like there was some adjacent big reconstruction work going on, as it is so common in Paris. Not a bad idea to always ask about this type of event.