Hotels near St. Germaine?

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Carie

Hotels near St. Germaine?

My husband and I are travelling to Paris in 3 weeks. Some friends of ours say we should stay near St. Germaine? Does anyone agree or disagree with this suggestion? We really enjoy being near nightlife. Any suggestions on hotels in the area?
Our travel agent has us staying at Bourgogne Et Montana Hotel but I'm hearing from previous postings that it is a little quite.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 03:20 PM
David

St.Germaine is a great place to be and my favorite.Try the Hotel Au Manoir St. Germain des pres at www.pariserve.com/manoir-st-germain/english.htm. They have a summer special for superior room at 168 euros.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:02 PM
David

By the way. I am staying at the Au Manoir in August. It is right at the St. Germaine metro and next door to Hemingways favorite drinking spot. Look at http://www.smallandeleganthotels.com...noirphotos.htm Good Luck.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Gina

Yes, the area around the Bourgogne & Montana Hotel is a little too quiet so you'd have to travel out a bit to get some nightlife and more restaurant choices, stores also. Therefore, St. Germain (no "e" at the end) is a more central location. There are many great hotels and you really have alot to choose from.

However, I notice that you are traveling in 3 weeks. That time is very short to reserve a room I would think. However, it will be towards the end of July and you may have luck getting one of the popular hotels. Two good hotes you should try are the Left Bank St. Germain Hotel at 9, rue Ancienne Comedie(it's franchised to Best Western)and Hotel St. Germain des Pres, 36 rue Bonaparte. Consult a guidebook and choose the ones that sound good to you then you can either see if your travel agent can come up with something or why don't you try emailing the hotels yourself directly? In many ways, it's better to deal with the hotel directly unless your travel agent can get a better deal for you.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Carie

Thank you both for your comments. We are cancelling our reservastion at Bourgogne Et Montana and are in the process of trying to reserve a room at Hotel Au Manoir St. Germain des pres. Thanks for the suggestion David. I checked out the web site and it looks wonderful! We're very excited about our trip!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Judy

We stayed at the BW Hotel Left Bank in March and I will stay there again. Great location, large room, just steps to Metro. Liked it better than the 4 star hotel we stayed in our first trip to Paris! And MUCH better than Hotel Dauphine.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Cindy

St. Germain is a perfect place to stay; within walking distance of many of the major sites, as well as a charming place to walk around. Convenient to shopping and to the metros. We stayed at the Hotel du Dragon; 90 euros a night for a clean, comfortable room en suite. I am not sure about night life - we tend to wake early when we travel, go full speed the whole day, then crash in our hotel room after dinner. But since you would be close to the Latin Quarter, I would suspect you wouldn't have any trouble finding something to do.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:06 AM
demi

I wouldn't cancel the reservation until you are sure you are going to find something else. I had trouble booking in March for October!

Just about anywhere in the St Germain area is so convenient..you might try the madison..it is a slightly larger but still charming hotel