Reload this Page >

Last night in Rome

Search

Last night in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Maye

Last night in Rome

My husband and I will be returning to Rome from Florence on the train on a Saturday, and leaving for home early Sunday a.m. Leonardo da Vinci airport. I have read a few reports that say to stay close to airport for the last night, but we do want to see more of Rome that afternoon and evening. Should we stay in Rome, or close to airport? Will we have any trouble with transportaton to the airport on Sunday morning early...@7:00? Thanks....

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:49 PM
xxx

I'm not sure what you want to see in Rome for a few short hours. I would assume you want to walk around the city and just enjoy the last hours of your trip there. I suppose that can be done easily.<BR><BR>You don't need to stay near the airport. Your Rome hotel can arrange a car for you or a taxi to pick you up at a designated time to take you to the airport. It is around 12 miles away and no traffic that early anyway.<BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 12:00 AM
simona

Good morning from Rome.<BR>Don't stay at the airport, even if you're leaving early!<BR>From the city, it will take 45 minutes to go to the airport: you can have a wonderful evening in Rome, walking around!. and if you need a hotel, have a look at www.caesarhouse.com <BR>Special rates for august!<BR>Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Rome!<BR>Simona<BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:34 AM
Katrien

Hi! Don't stay around the airport! Rome is too beautiful to miss out on! Leave your luggage in Roma Termini at the luggage deposit and you can take the train to the airport from there every 30 mins. Check www.trenitalia.it for exact timetable !

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:43 AM
nicole

<BR>Spanish Steps!!!<BR><BR>You will have an unforgetable evening if you go to a nice dinner and then to the Spanish Steps afterwards for a cappucino or nigthcap. <BR><BR>Don't waste a minute being out by the airport....<BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:11 AM
Ina

You should definitely stay in Rome. If it's very very early or you just don't want to bother with the train you can prebook and be picked up at your hotel by going to: http://www.limoservicerome.com. Lots of Fodor's folks use this service.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 01:50 PM
JUDY

Please go and have a gelati at Giolitti for me, ask for pompelmo(pink grapefruit). <BR>Enjoy