Last night in Italy- advice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, if you were me would you stay near the Rome train station after coming in from Venice around 5:00pm or would you stay out by the airport to be closer for 10:45 am flight back to the US. If you vote for near the station- hotel suggestions, 3 or 4 star? The hotels sound awful by the airport so I kind of hate to waste the last night. Your thoughts please?
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM

This question gets asked quite a bit. I would suggest staying in the city. No way would I give up an evening in Rome to stay in an airport hotel. We usually have flights out of Rome before 7:30 am and have never had a problem getting to the airport on time. Stay somewhere near Piazza Navona or the Pantheon and spend a wonderful evening in Rome!

Tracy
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 09:38 AM
J62

I would stay in Rome. There are many hotels at or near the airport that are just fine. The problem is that there is nothing around them - you are basically confined to the hotel property.

In Rome you can enjoy your last night in Italy at your leisure.

Be sure to get to the airport by 8am or so - checkin at FCO can be a zoo, with long, slow lines.

No need to specifically stay near Termini - you can get a taxi there from anywhere in Rome quite easily.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Yep, that's kind of what I thought the response would be but it is always to good to check it out with others. I will book our last night back in Rome. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Enjoy Roma! No need to even be near Termini, but do be at FCO by 7:30 am!
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 10:27 AM

I wish that I could remember the hotel that we stayed in right by the Pantheon. It was very reasonable and clean, nothing fancy, but it had a HUGE bathtub which was nice after hours of walking the wonderful streets of Rome. The last time that I was in Rome, the last night was magical. There was a full moon and we walked until the wee hours of the morning because it was so bright. The Forum looked even more other worldly. Definitely stay in the City.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Stay in the city wherever you'd like; a short cab ride from Termini is cheap. Make reservations with RomeCabs (before you go to Italy) to pick you up and take you to the airport whenever you feel you need to be there in the morning and relax.
Walk around Rome, partake in a wonderful dinner, and then walk through Piazza Navona, walk by the Trevi Fountain when it's all lit up as well as the Colosseum, etc. Have a gelato during your walk. Then go to bed with visions of ancient Romans dancing in your head.
In the morning RomeCabs will be there to deliver you to the airport and it's very easy. Enjoy!

[email protected]