Reload this Page >

1 night in Rome - where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 03:44 PM
n

Going to be in Rome for one night before we fly out the next morning. Need great hotel close (or semi-close)to airport - suggestions?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Rex

I think that there's only one hotel AT the airport a (the?) Hilton. But there's no need to stay at or near the airport. Rome has a solid infrastructure of private drivers, shuttles or taxis to get you to the airport in under an hour, arriving at any time you request through your hotel front desk.<BR><BR>And more importantly, Rome is great in the evening from the end of the afternoon clear til midnight, if you wish. Even if that's your only time in Rome, you can enjoy Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and the lovely walkpath that connects from one to the other. Shame to miss that, to stay out at or near the airport.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:36 PM
n

You're right - okay, forget criteria of airport proximity. One night in Rome - best place to stay?

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Rob

Don't worry about airport proximity...Your hotel can arrange a taxi or bus depending on flight times ! We like Hotel Mascagni &amp; Hotel Genio..both are excellent hotels !!<BR><BR>Rob

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Rex

Cesari or del Senato are both great and fall in the middle of the Trevi-PzzaNavona &quot;axis&quot;.<BR><BR>See venere.com<BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Nancy

<BR>If you are arriving into Rome anytime after about 6 pm, and are flying out to the US (I assume) the next morning, I would say stay at the Hilton Airport. A perfectly nice US chain hotel, and you can walk to the terminal. If you will be arriving in Rome any earlier in the day, you might want to consider staying in Rome itself. <BR><BR>One word of caution, security at the airport in Rome for US bound flights is very tight. You will probably need the full 2-hour check in time they recommend. Lines to get into Terminal C where the flights depart from are long and they screen you at that point to make sure you have a ticket (this is even before you check-in for your flight). This makes the Hilton airport attractive, esp if you are trying to drive out from Rome on a weekday morning when there can be traffic.<BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Ira

You might wish to look into<BR>Holiday Inn Rome-Eur Parco dei Medici <BR>They have a free shuttle from the hotel to the airport.<BR>They also have a free shuttle from the downtown Holiday Inn (near the train station) to the one near the airport.<BR>Rate is about 110 E for a dbl w/bkfst.<BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Rez

&lt;&lt;If you are arriving into Rome anytime after about 6 pm, and are flying out to the US (I assume) the next morning, I would say stay at the Hilton Airport.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I really disagree with this, especially if you are not including Rome at any other time in your travels. 6 pm to midnight in Rome can exceed the value of a full day in many other destinations.<BR><BR>Assuming you can &quot;take&quot; its very &quot;intense&quot; pace. And maybe it depends on what mode of transportation is bringing you to Rome, the night before your flight.<BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 01:03 PM
n

Been thinking about it and want to re-ask my question. Staying overnight in Rome before we fly out next morning and was originally thinking should be close to airport. But now thinking do I want to end my two-week dream trip to Italy in a non-descript airport chain hotel (no offense to anyone who stays / works there) or do I want to cap off our fabulous trip with a to-die for hotel in this incredible city. Leaning towards the latter... SO, my question NOW is: If you could stay in ANY great hotel in Rome for 1 night, where would it be?