last night in Florence..

Mar 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

last night in Florence..

help..ok Ive read everyu rant and rave,done the trip advisor,checked many hotels. ...for the past three hours..I am looking for a hotel for the last night of our two week trip. in the mid two hundred range. wont be in the hotel alot,leaving early next am(wont have time for breakfast),but would like something with character. The Hermitage is open..has anyone stayed at Hotel De la Pace or Hotel Rivoli?? Any other ideas???
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:01 PM

how about this? Tourist House Ghiberti.

www.touristhouseghiberti.com

It's not a "hotel" but there have been rave reviews from other posters. I have not stayed here yet but am booked for two nights in May and looking forward to it.

Good luck, E
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:41 PM

what about Porta Rossa. Good location and price.
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM

You asked about the Hotel Rivoli. In May, 2001, we stayed at the Best Western Hotel Rivoli, via Della Scala, which is about a 5-minute walk to the Santa Maria Novella Station.

It wasn't cheap...$200 per night with breakfast for a double room. The hotel and the room were mediocre, and I wouldn't recommend staying there. I'm sure there are better hotels in Florence.
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM

Morandi alla Crocetta.
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:33 AM

Have you thought about Villa Antea? It's a boutique 5* with individually decorated rooms and about 12 minutes' walk N-NW from Duomo. We're staying in April over Easter and it looks esquisite.

<<www.villaantea.com>> Through venere.com, you may get this room within your budget.
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replys.Tourist was booked.Rivoli open,but will cross that one off.SOOOO confusing though!!! I saw Porta Rossa and thought PERFECT!!! but there are two posts on here that say.."whatever you do dont stay there!!",although they were 2001..How about the Beacci Tourna... also the Hotel Benivieni..any other thoughts about Porta Rossa? Tried the B& Bs most require two nights..
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:12 AM

ttt
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

thanks to all staying at the Morandi..just had to make a decision and go with it!! The Villa Antea looks great,just a bit ou of the way..Next time!
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:56 AM

kmoncrief

Might try this link to view a bunch of B&B's. You can either book through the agency, which is great or look up the direct links on google and book dirctly with the B&B.

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/bb_firenze.html