Reload this Page >

Landing in Athens, then flying to Santorini

Old Feb 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Our flight will land on Sept 22 in Athens at 9h17 am.

I would like to take the 10h50 am flight to Santorini (aegean airlines), is this possible?

Since these are 2 separate tickets, I'm not sure on the procedure...i.e. once I land, will I have to go pick up my luggage, go thrue customs...leave the secure area....go check-in with aegean to give them my luggage....go thrue security....then go to my gate?

OR is there a way to have my luggage transferred on the Aegean flight...and not having to leave security/go thrue customs, until I get to Santorini....if this last option is not possible....will I have 1h30 be enough to pick up luggage, customs, check-in, security?
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Where are you flying from and on what airline? Aegean has several partner airlines and interline agreements with most European carriers so it can make a difference depending on your inbound flight.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM

If you are flying into Athens from another EU/Schengen airport in Europe you will have already passed through Passport Control and Customs, so you won't have to repeat that in Greece. If this is your situation you will have enough time to make the 10:50 flight. You will still have to collect your bags and go upstairs to re-check them for your flight to Santorini, unless you're flying in on Aegean from another European airport. Only charter flight passengers flying directly to Santorini from another European airport will go through the formalities on Santorini.

If you have to go through all the steps of Baggage Collection, Passport Control and Customs plus Check-in/Security for Santorini in Athens you might not make that flight. It will be close, perhaps too close for comfort.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM

I need to add that my previous posting presupposes that your flight into Athens will arrive on time at 9:17 AM. If it's late you probably won't make the Aegean flight no matter what.
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the all the info. I will be arriving from the US, so will not have cleared customs...so I guess it will be very tight! The price, for 2, is only $100EUR, so I think I will buy it...if we miss the flight, I guess we could book the next one out and only be out by the $100EUR...? But if we do make it, we would be in Santorini a few hours earlier and will save $$ since the later flight is more expensive....
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM

>>I guess we could book the next one out and only be out by the $100EUR...?