flight from Athens to Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My flight which lands in Athens gives me 55 minutes to catch the flight to Santorini. I was told Olympic Air won't transfer my luggage--I have to pick it up & check it again. Does anyone have experience with this airline & airport because I'm concerned about the short time between flights. There are only 4 flights daily listed now, but I'm not traveling until June. Olympic hasn't been helpful when asked if more flights will be added. Any information will be appreciated.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM

You are right to be concerned. Fifty-five minutes isn't enough time to collect lugggage, check in for the Olympic flight, and make it to the departure gate. I doubt there will be any more flights added - book a later flight. Check the Aegean Airlines schedule - they may have a flight more compatible with your arrival time.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM

If you're flying into Greece on Olympic and onward to Santorini on Olympic they will be responsible to accomodate you if you can't make the flight since they booked you on a "legal" connecting flight, but don't be surprised if they just shrug their shoulders. If they won't transfer your bags that suggests you will have to go through baggage claim, Passport Control and Customs in Athens, and 55 minutes does not give you enough time for that.

It will be a miracle if you make it. Book a later flight to Santorini. Don't expect Olympic to add more than the 4 flights now available.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM

Are you flying Olympic into Greece? I can't imagine that your bags can't be checked all the way through to the Santorini flight.
2 years ago we flew Olympic on 3 inter-Greece legs and they were fine. The flights were on time - no problems whatsoever. At the time, their prices were better than Aegean.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM

Brennynp, if it's a direct flight from the States passengers have to go through the "formalities" in Athens, not on an island.