Reload this Page >

Santorini flights

Search

Santorini flights

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2002, 09:16 PM
George

Santorini flights

A recent message indicated that flights from Santorini to Athens are often delayed or cancelled because of bad weather. This has me concerned, because we have booked an Olympic flight from Santorini arriving in Athens on June 17 at 2:00, which I thought left a safe cushion for catching our flight out of Athens at 7:00. I would appreciate any insights anyone may have. Thanks

Old May 5th, 2002, 10:16 PM
John

Hi George,<BR><BR>Not to worry. The planes that fly to Santorini are big ones and are never cancelled because of weather. I have flown there at least 20 times. In fact I'll be flying to Athens from Santorini on June 19.<BR><BR>Only one word of caution: If you made your reservations several months ago, recheck the times. Greece has a form of daylight savings, or something to that effect, which results in flights leaving an hour earlier that indicated on your ticket or flight confirmation form. This fact can create chaos especially on the outbound-from- Athens leg of an Olympic domestic flight.<BR><BR>Enjoy! <BR><BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:19 PM
hers

Could you possibly tell me the cost of the flight? I am wondering about going from the airport in Athens then to Crete and Santorini in whatever order makes the most sense. <BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
annv

Flight was on time, but their lost my suitcase(and half of other passengers' luggage0\) If I remember correctly in May 2000 it cost me around $45-50

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Jade

Hasn't happened to me, but some friends were scheduled to fly from Santorini to Athens and all flights were canceled due to high winds. They had to find a hotel and stay another night then leave early the next morning. So it does happen.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Karyn

I will be traveling from Athens to Crete. Then I'm taking a boat to Santorini then flying back to Athens. My flights cost $150. total.<BR>I'm also hoping that the flights are not delayed from Santorni to Athens since I will be flying directly home to US the same day. I've left about 4 hours.