Reload this Page >

La Minerva or Hotel Luna?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Cheryl

For my honeymoon in May, one night will be spent in Capri. I have the option of Hotel Luna double room standard (room with a view of the courtyard at Euro 220 per night <BR> or <BR>La Minvera double superior room with a seaview at Euro 190 per night.<BR><BR>I cannot make a decision on the better option. We will be traveling at the end of May.<BR><BR>Can anyone offer any insight as to the better hotel?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Suzanne

Cheryl, I am debating between those two and the Villa Brunella for our honeymoon the second week in June. I have heard great reviews about Luna, and Minerva looks incredible on their website, I just do not know how they can be so much less expensive. Hopefully we will get replies. Where else are you going? We are going to Venice, Florence, Rome, and Capri. Where are you staying in other locations?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Cheryl

Suzanne, I am glad to see I am not the only one who is undecided about these hotels. Villa Brunella was another one we were considering. I think I am leaning towards the Hotel Luna even though they were not able to offer us a seaview, which I was hoping for. La Minerva's website is impressive and they are offering me a view but because I am only staying there one night, they cannot give me a room up high, which I keep reading is a better room. Such decisions!<BR>Anyway, we are starting out in Rome for two nights (staying at the Rome Cavalieri Hilton - fiance has hotel rewards we are using), 3 nights in the Florence/Tuscany region (still up in the air on where we might be staying), 2 nights in Positano (leaning towards Hotel Miramare because so far they are the only hotel that has responded to us), 1 night in Capri (?), 4 nights in Sorrento (staying at the Hilton Sorrento Palace - again hotel rewards), and back to Rome for a day before departing. I am getting excited about all the plans but did not realize how much time I would be putting into planning. Good luck with your planning. And yes, I would love it if someone could offer up some advice on these hotels.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Wendy

Cheryl,<BR><BR>We are going to the Hotel Luna this July with our kids. We booked the hotel after hearing raves about it from good friends who were there this past summer. They said that their experience ( room with sea view, staff, food)could not have been better, and that the location was excellent.Regarding hotels in Positano: Two years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Poseidon. It's a small, family-run hotel at the top of Positano, with spectacular views. Anyway, we loved it there, and would highly recommend it.If you're interested, I would check it out soon, as it tends to fill up quickly. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Fluffy

Dear Cheryl,<BR>I have stayed at both the Luna and the Minerva. My personal opinion is to stay in one of the deluxe rooms at the Minerva.I would not stay at the Luna unless you can get a superior room. My experiece was that I liked the Minerva better, the staff was terrific and the rooms lovely, we even had a view from our newly remodeled bathroom.<BR>The Luna does get my vote for location, I liked being closer to the cener of town.Keep in mind the steep hills of Capri equals quite a hike , but the higher up you are the better the views.<BR>La dolce Capri<BR>to the top for Cheryl<BR>Fluffy<BR>p.s. feel free to email me with any questions about Capri, I have been many times.