Positano and Capri Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to do this knowing how much has already been posted (which has been so helpful in narrowing down my list thus far), but I can't seem to make up my mind.

I have the following available for an April honeymoon. Any input would be enormously appreciated:

*POSITANO

Villa Rosa - Suite (250e/night) (room 32 unavailable)

Ancora - Junior Suite w/ terrace jacuzzi (310e/night)

Marincanto - Special Junior Suite w/ 'al fresco' jazcuzzi (336e/night) (a superior double is also avail for 230e/night).

*CAPRI

Brunella - Junior Suite (340e/night)

Punta Tragara - Room w/ balcony sea view (320e; includes a dinner and massage).

Thanks so much!! (Also, if anyone is aware of any honeymoon packages that might work, that'd be great as well).
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM

My choice would be Marincanto, it is an unobstructed view. Villa Rosa overlooks Sirenuse. If you could swing it Sirenuse would be an unforgettable experience. We stayed there last summer, our 2 daughters had a superior room with no view, the room was very large. The service is outstanding and the views from the public areas are to die for. You might also want to check San Pietro, their rates are in the $500 range per night. As far as Capri, Villa Brunella has an outstanding restaurant. We did not see the rooms. We stayed at Luna, while the views were outstanding, I thought the hotel really needed a facelift. Good Luck!!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:09 PM

We stayed at the Villa Rosa this summer in Room 32 and loved it. Wonderful hotel with terrific views but clearly not a 4 star hotel, accommodation wise (4 star views and service though)so wonder what you are looking for on your honeymoon. No pool but may be too cool for a swim in April anyway. Can't speak about the other hotels but obviously their prices are much higher.

Congratulations on your wedding
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:12 PM

Also highly recommend La Minerva Hotel on Capri. Check out their website. Superior rooms have a jacuzzi. Luigi is very nice.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:25 PM

We did not stay at either of your hotels but having seen them I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. They both are very beautiful. We ate at Villa Brunella, the atmosphere and food were wonderful. Both hotels have beautiful views but IMO Tragara would have the better views. That being said, the most appealling to me personally of the two would be Villa Brunella. We stayed at Hotel Mamela and we enjoyed it very much there. It is less expensive that the other two, was very clean, had a pool and was a very pretty hotel. We had a balcony and we could see the Faraglioni from our room. I wouldn't hesitate staying in the Mamela again b/c we were so pleased but my husband thinks the next time we will stay in Brunella. Congratulations!
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 08:44 AM

Positano: Definitely the Special Junior Suite at the Marincanto. I stayed in the Marincanto on my honeymoon in June 2004, moving there after one night at the Villa Rosa. We got a tour of the special junior suite and it's really incredible (it was a little over our budget). Had we more $$$ I would have stayed in that room.

Capri: The Punta Tragara has more to it than the Brunella, though the suites at the Brunella are really nice -- and I haven't seen the rooms at the Punta. We stayed at the Caesar Augustus in a junior suite and loved it.

April will be a bit chilly, especially on Capri. Definitely not swimming weather. On the other hand, you should have both places almost entirely to yourselves. Since there will be plenty of vacancy, you shouldn't have a problem switching hotels if you're not satisfied.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 09:30 AM

This summer we will be staying at Villa Le Scale in Anacapri. It got rave reviews on tripadvisor. Check out its web site villalescale.com
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM

altajoe I am looking at the villa le scala also- were you able to make inquiries without giving your credit card # I am always nervous to do this thanks
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM

I didn't handle the booking. I'll try to find out, but I can't promise. Its a delicate scanario.