Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel La Floridiana in Capri or other Capri hotel ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still having trouble with our Capri hotel. We are hoping to stay under 300 euro a night for a two night stay. My husband and I are traveling to Rome, Positano and Capri in mid-June and are in our late 20s.

Our top picks are already fully booked for the rooms within our price range (Casa Morgano, Villa Brunella, La Minerva, Hotel Luna). Original priority was a hotel with a pool and a view, but I think we'd be fine without a pool since we are renting a boat on our own for a full day to explore the island and there will be plenty of opportunities to swim then. Plus, we could always rent a chair at the beach club at Marina Piccoli Bagni Internazionali- anyone have experience there?

La Floridiana has a superior room with a balcony and sea view for 260 euros a night (non-refundable). Anyone have feedback on this room/hotel? They are building a pool which probably will not be ready by the time we arrive.

Villa Sarah has a room available for 225 euro and has a pool, but the hotel doesn't seem as nice as La Floridiana, no views, and not as centrally located.

Any other hotel ideas similar to Casa Morgano, Villa Brunella or La Minerva that you would recommend? I am nervous to book the non-refunable room at La Floridiana in case we get off the wait list at one of the above hotels for their standard room! Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM

I stayed here many years ago and recall it very fondly. The recent reviews seem good:

http://www.floracapri.com/
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM

We stayed at the Villa Sarah last fall. It is a lovely hotel - very quiet and owned by a charming family. One of its major attractions for us was that it is well off the main square but just a 10 minute walk to shopping and restaurants. The main square is quite hectic during the day with day-trippers. The pool is great. There is a large garden surrounding the hotel. There is a view but perhaps not as dramatic as some other hotels but there are great views all over Capri. I recommend it highly.

If you stay there, have the hotel transport your luggage from the ferry - it is difficult to get it to the hotel because no vehicles are allowed in the streets leading to the hotel.
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses!

ekscrunchy- I had contacted that hotel as well and would LOVE to stay there (they have availability) but they said they require a four night minimum. Too bad! I am hoping to convince them otherwise.

Mamcalice- Great to hear your feedback about Villa Sarah. Did you have one of the rooms with the balcony (that is what we are considering)? Any room number preferences? Did the rooms feel too sparse? How were the bathrooms? Beds comfortable? Thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM

Bettsid you take a look at their special offers in their web site? they are promoting 2 nights stays with special benefits(one dine at quisisana included,a bubbly bottle aldo).
I am saving the Flora for a visit in 2012!!!!,looks soo good...
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

I think that special is only for April- but looks like a great deal! Good news though- I wrote Hotel Flora again about staying 2 nights in June and they wrote back with availability! Maybe their first response about the 4 night min was a mistake? Anyway, I think we are going to book it. Looks like a gorgeous hotel with great views. Very happy to have found a place we are excited about.

ekscrunchy- What kind of room did you stay in at Hotel Flora? We are deciding between the standard room garden/town view or the deluxe room with side sea view.

Hotel Mamela wrote back with availability as well, but I think we are going to go with Hotel Flora. Thanks all for the help!
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:54 AM

congrats!!!!; hotel Flora looks really nice; we wait for your report; enjoy your trip!!!
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM

I had a sea view room but this was a very long time ago so I am afraid I am no help with that decision. I will be waiting eagerly to read your comments, though!! I have not been to the island in years.. I had planned a few days there in 2009 but ended up staying on Ischia for a longer period. One of these days I will get back, though.
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

I think we are going to book the standard room with the garden/town view at Hotel Flora to save a bit. We'll be splurging for a room at Covo dei Saraceni in Positano for the 3 nights prior, so we'll get a great view from the room there. Thanks again for all of your responses. I'll definitely write a trip report when we return.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:37 AM

Sounds like a great trip!
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:54 AM

Bussola Di Hermes Hotel

beautiful in past for me book get cash back om

Otel.com from 80 euro/nt or so...

Lots of other options with TA reviews there.

Happy Hunting,