La Cite des Enfants in La Villette, Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Paris for a week this October and have visited Paris several times. For professional reasons I am considering seeking a tour of the science museum for 2-7 year-olds at the Parc de la Villette (I have visited children's museums from Honolulu to Minnesota and DH is understanding). If you have taken your children there recently did you find it worthwhile? Some online reviews haven't been very complimentary.

If we do decide to visit what else would you recommend we visit in the Parc de la Villette? Thank you.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM

The music museum is at the other end of the park. If you are in the area, it is worth a visit.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The Palais de la Découverte in the Grand Palais is also popular with children, but I think that one of their very favorite places is the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution in the Jardin des Plantes.
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I'll look into these other suggestions as well.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM

We visited Cite des Sciences about 3 years ago with our children (then 12 and 9).

They enjoyed it. Many of the exhibits were interactive, with lots of experiental stuff, audio, etc. I felt it helped that our children had some knowledge of French as much of the explanation was not multi-lingual (but neither is our local science museum). We spent maybe 3 hours there plus a picnic in the park and would recommend it. I recall that there was hardly anybody there but that may be because the French children were all in school.

We didn't visit the Geode (which looks amazing) or the music museum. And I believe there is a submarine (?). The park outside is great for running around and there is some play equipment.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 12:52 AM

ps. I think it would not be as suitable for very young children (e.g under 4 or 5) but only guessing. Not sure why your post is entitled cite des enfants as the museum is for most ages.