Hotel Recommendation for Dijon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be spending two nights in Dijon. Looking for a 3 star hotel, location and charm are most important. I've never been to Dijon before, so would like a location that will maximize my time there. Thank you for your recommendations.
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 02:12 AM

Stay as close to the center as possible.
Use booking dot com or hotels dot com select distance from center to organize the listing according to distance.
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 10:19 AM

I've only been there once and really liked the Quality Hotel du Nord, it has a great restaurant, also. Definitely has super location, not sure if 3* or 4* but reasonably priced -- however, rooms are modern and I would not say it has "charm" if that's important to you.
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, I use those sites often. There are still so many choices, which is why I like the candid reviews of Fodor-ites. So far, I have narrowed my choice to Ibis Styles or Chapeau Rouge. Both fit my budget and location needs. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at either of these hotels. Many thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 10:40 AM

Ibis Style (place Grangier) and Le Chapeau Rouge (rue Michelet) are not far from each other and are very central. Le Chapeau Rouge has a 2star restaurant and the restaurant at Ibis is well known in Dijon so you can't go wrong.
Enjoy your stay and welcome to my beautiful town.
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, cocofromdijon, that is very helpful. Sounds like I might just flip a coin, or pick the one with better pictures. Not the best way to pick a hotel, but it sounds like either of these would fit the bill for us.
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 06:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I would not pick a hotel based on someone's review of their restaurants, even an area resident. Look at hotel reviews on booking.com, hotels.com, tripadvisor.com, etc for comments on the hotels themselves.
Old Mar 7th, 2016, 09:20 AM

When we come to Dijon we stay in a delightful apartment that we highly recommend. If you go to www.myhomeindijon.com you can read the opinions of many people who have stayed there. Location is perfect for seeing all the historic things in Dijon and the apartment is charming.