Killarney Hotels

Search

Killarney Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killarney Hotels

I would like to hear peoples favorite Killarney hotel. I need a place for a few nights. Somewhere in the 150eu or so range. I want to be able to explore the area by car during the day and then park the car at night and be withing walking distance of entertainment. I have heard a lot of talk of people not wanting to stay in Killarney because it is to touristy, loud, crowded etc. I am a tourist and thats what we like........thanks
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 07:19 AM

Check out Kathleen's Country House: http://www.kathleens.net/index.htm

It's been several years since we stayed there, but the website tells me it hasn't changed. It was lovely; she was lovely. The only criterion of yours that it doesn't meet is the in-town location. It's just outside the town of Killarney; perfect for touring, but you would have to drive a wee bit for dinner/entertainment.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM

ratszo,

Two good web-sites that have listings for accommodations are:

http://www.irelandexpert.com/

http://www.irelandyes.com/

Hope this is helpful to you. I stayed at Killarney Park and it was very nice but the price was more than 150eu. I've heard good reports of intown B&B's from the two ladies above.

Good Luck, Joan
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 09:19 AM

We stayed at the Lake Hotel. It was part of an auction package and thought the location was great.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM

I would strongly recommend not staying in the center of town, but just outside. There are several places within easy walking distance of town that will allow you to enjoy the finer points of the area without all the noise and conjestion.

When we were there in May we stayed at Ross Castle Lodge and absolutely loved it. I raved about it in my trip report here. Comfortable rooms, absolutely delightful hosts, delicious breakfast, walking distance to town and Ross Castle, and within your price range.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM

I know of a couple of extremely nice guest houses within walking distance of Killarney town. They are places that are not noisy. Are you interested or must it be a hotel?
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:50 AM

We stayed at Foley's Townhouse this past September. It is right downtown and within walking distance of restaurants and pubs. We had a great time there! The staff at Foley's were very nice and gave great directions on how to reach spots around the area. They have a private parking area where you keep your car. We didn't eat dinner there, but did have some tasty appetizers and breakfast was good. The rooms were spacious and clean. As far as noise, they were quiet, never heard any noises from the street. I highly recommend Foley's.