Speaking of 'pancakes'...

Nov 15th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Speaking of 'pancakes'...

well, it was mentioned on another thread and I've been thinking about them, so...

I want to know if anyone has an opinion on where to try some pannekoek on our next trip to Amsterdam... Here's my short list, but feel free to suggest others:

<>Small Talk cafe by Museumplein (pancakes on the menu, with other dishes)

<>Pancake Corner by Leidseplein, at the end of the little 'lizard' park (not the one next to Bulldog/Satellite Sports)

<>Pancake Bakery by Prinsengracht - is it too touristy to be worthwhile?

There's another Pancake house by the tram tracks off Leidseplein - what is that one? (I think it is a temporary building)

From what I've read, I should be warned off the Pancake de Carrousel at Weteringplantsoen ...

I can only eat so many pancakes so don't want to waist, I mean waste, the opportunity on a poor choice. So, any thoughts?
Nov 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM

I visited Pancake Bakery years ago and returned back in 2006 with my kids. Pancakes are really large and filling: http://www.pancake.nl/english/eng_main.html
Will go back next time I am in Amsterdam.
Nov 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM

We also ate at the Pancake Bakery (twice) and really loved it. The big savory pancakes are good, but the proffertjes (half-dollar sized with confectionary sugar) are just wonderful, and you can get those as dessert at other restaurants, not just pancake places.
Nov 15th, 2007, 05:34 PM

We found a little pancake house at the Bloemen Markt which we enjoy visiting whenever we're in Amsterdam - rest. "het Singeltje" located at Singel 494.

It's just a tiny little place, but they have the most delicious pancakes (and beer, I think).

My favorite is banana pannekoken, with apple close behind. YUM!

Enjoy a pancake for me. Robyn >-

Nov 15th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

good, good, keep it coming.... Maybe I will have to try two places...
Nov 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM

Artstuff, we also ate more than once at Het Singeltje close to Die Bloemen Markt. The pancakes were so good - but also because I had to return to the Christmas Shop nearby!
Nov 16th, 2007, 05:57 AM

We took a late afternoon of the Anne Frank house and then ate dinner at the Pancake Bakery. It's just down the street about 3-4 blocks. Very good and everyone enjoyed the sweet and savory pancakes.