Search

Just found an interesting new airfare search engine

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found an interesting new airfare search engine

www.lessno.com

I don't know if the fares are all that spectacular, but it has a couple features I haven't seen elsewhere. For those with flexibility you can put in a range of dates you are willing to begin and end your trip, and then you also enter the number range of nights you want to stay. It will then try to put all those combos together to come up with the best fare for you.

If you aren't satisfied you can do something called active search and they will maintain your search parameters and then e-mail you when they find something better.

Supposedly they are all major carriers and a number of the discounters. I've just played around with this so far, so I'm not certain whether or not you'll find anything better than elsewhere. Just thought I'd pass the word along.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM

I love search engines that do stuff like this.

You can also do open search parameters on orbitz dealfinder (called Edit your Deal) and they'll email you if the price drops to your desired target. You can set up 3 separate destinations under one email account. Works great.

I also like travelocity's flexibe date options -- if you choose +/- 3 days on departure and arrival, they pull up this big grid giving you prices for all possible date combintions. Dream maps on travelocity is also one of my favorites. Insert your departure city and the best domestic and international fares pull up. You can only take advanatge of this one if you have very flexible travel plans.
http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap...ce=TRAVELOCITY

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM

I like the features and the idea, but when I tested the results, it is definitely not coming up with the cheapest fares, from SEA anyway.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM

For reference, I just checked lessno for a trip to l.a. and it's $70 more than what I purchased today on American Air...
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Love the setup, but it was $280 higher than what I found earlier today from D.C. to Anchorage. Maybe it's new and doesn't yet search as many airlines as some of the other websites.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 05:01 AM

I don't live in a hub city and I loved the new site--lots of good options for me. Thanks, julies.