June or September

Search

June or September

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June or September

Looking for some info. on the difference between visiting Europe in June (for 1 month) compared to visiting for the month of September. Weather, tourists, prices for accomodations, airfare ect... The itinerary is London, paris, berlin, krakow, possibly budapest, rome, venice and lake constance. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM

I'd definitely choose June over September for all those places for the very reasons you've mentioned.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:35 PM

I'd definitely choose September over June for all those places for the very reasons you've mentioned. Mike
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your responses, that helps with my decision ! Could you possibly elaborate?
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM

The weather in September has a much stronger possibilty of being much cooler. For example, there's a heat wave going on in parts of Europe at this moment. I also think the family crowds are gone because of school ect.. Mike

Old Jun 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM

Actually I really think it is six of one, half dozen of the other.

Neither June nor Sept are high-est season because most European kids don't get out of school until July. The huge crowds are really in July/Aug.

Airfares tend to be just a tad cheaper in June than early Sept - tho' late Sept brings them down.

Sure, there can be a heat wave in June - but it just as easily be hot in Sep. But both months tend to be cooler than high summer.

In London for instance, June is my absolute favorite month of the year. But Sept is my 2nd favorite - and I have been there in every month.

I'd just pick which ever one fit best into your work schedule or other commitments.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 08:23 PM

I like June because you have more hours of daylight. You may feel more comfortable walking around in the evening when it is still light out. I remember it being light close to 11pm in Scotland and Ireland.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 09:01 AM

This is probably a personal preference type of thing! Also there is a lot of difference in the climate between London and Rome.

I don't think you will find much difference between the number of tourists or the prices or airfare.

We have been both places a number of times - spring and fall. We found London to be wonderful both seasons. As we are budget travelers we tend to book when the prices are down. June may still have some lower prices in lodging - but we found even May to have the regular prices.

But the autumn would be our favorite to travel in the south of Europe. We have been in Rome in March, May and September. This year at the last of May it was quite warm and humid to us - luckily we were in an AC apartment in Rome.

But it was warm walking too. I think I would go for September.for the south of Europe. We are (hopefully) returning in October to both places.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Make the decision based on how you personally prefer weather conditions

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
ira

Hi UC,

I prefer Sept because of the grape and olive harvests and the Porcini mushrooms are in season.

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM

I will choose September. While there is no bigger difference , i think you can have a little less hot time in italy if the climate behaves as expected which I really don't know these days