Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Itinerary ideas for trip to Paris with 16-year old daughter.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone gave me great ideas for trip tomorrow to Paris with 16-year old daughter. Lost them! Please help.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:55 AM

In my experience, 16 year old girls can pretty much enjoy the same things adults like. You no doubt have a long flight. Give her a guide book and ask her to pick out some things she specifically wants to do.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:09 AM

Just "topped" a post for you "Paris with teens". If you put Paris AND teens" in the text search there are some others, particularly one about shopping. Have a great time.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:44 PM

The other post that mclaurie brought up is really good. The itinerary you select should also depend on what your daughter is interested in. At 16, I was into art, music, and literature. At that age, I would have wanted to see the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Musee d'Orsay as daytime options, and at night I would have enjoyed seeing a rock concert or going to a club that had live music.<BR><BR>Two years ago, though, we took my then 16 year old niece to Paris. She was only interested in shopping and music. The things she loved best were going to the top of the Eiffel Tower, shopping along Blvd. Haussman, the catacombs, going to clubs that had live music, and taking a boat ride on the Seine at night. I did force her to go to the Louvre, but we made it fun by giving her a map, circling artwork she had to see, and making her and my son search out the art. Once she brought back to us digital photos of all the art we asked her to locate, we agreed to take her shopping. It sounds silly, but it was like a scavenger hunt, and they had a good time.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:04 PM

My daughter is a shoe fanatic and she enjoyed the flea market at Clignacourt.<BR>