Search

itinerary help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itinerary help

Dear Travelers,
My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We will me in Madrid the first 5 nights then plan to take the AVE to Seville. We enjoy outdoor experiences and small towns and were hoping you could recommend a place for two nights where we could stay, visit wineries and see countryside. After 2 nights around Seville, we are staying at the Marriott Marbella for 4 night. Can you suggest any day trips from there? The to Cordoba for one night to catch the AVE back to Madrid.
Thanks,
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:54 AM

Suzie I would read some of the posts on this forum first, get an idea of things and then re-ask your question. Personally I think you could probably skip one of the nights in Madrid. I haven't been to Seville, but most posters on this forum really like it and you might want to add a night there. Also Ronda which is, I believe, between Seville and Cordoba. Great stop Cordoba for the Mosque/Cathedral, make sure you have at least a half day there.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM
rex

Welcome to the forum!

Follow the advice from rose...

...then re-post and let others know that you are asking questions, regarding an itinerary in <i><b>Spain</b></i>.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 10:56 AM

IMHO that is way too much time in Madrid - there simply isn't that much to do there (really the Prado and the Royal Palace are all I can think of - and you can do those in a day) - so even with a day trip to Toledo 2 days should do it. (Unless you plan on doing a lot of clubbing til 5am?)

I would save the time for Andalusia - which is much more &quot;Spanish&quot; (Madrid looks like any other major modern city full of boring highrises) - and try to fit in Seville, Cordoba and Granada by car - while adding a small town of two.

MUCH more of intrest to see/do, fascinatingly different.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Our 5 days in Madrid are business for my husband so we don't have much choice. I hope to take 1-2 day trips. Is going along recommended? I'll continue to read this forum. I have already learned so much.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 06:02 AM

Depending on the days of the week you are going to be in madrid - sundays have the park activities and the market. Do a search on this site, spain then type in &quot;romantic&quot; I saw some great suggestions there.