Reload this Page >

6 day trip to spain...possible?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:27 PM
minni

We want to do a 6 day trip to Andulusia (Cordoba, Seville, Granada) and Madrid. Is this too tight? We are vegetarians. Anyone have trouble finding food?<BR>thank you!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:44 PM
6 days ?

Where are you coming from?? If you live in say Portugal, sure why not? If you are flying any distance (i.e., from overseas) 6 days is a ridiculously short time to try to do any 4 cities anywhere.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Rex

I generally agree. And true enough it depends on where you are sleeping the night before arriving in Spain - - and where after.<BR><BR>The only I can see that this makes any sense is if you essentially gloss over one (e.g., Madrid), and just get the tiniest taste, coming into or departing from the country (or both) via Madrid.<BR><BR>Not saying this as an expert on Spain, but agreeing with the general principle of 4 (significant) cities in 6 days - - no matter what the country.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:37 PM
M

Have you considered basing yourself in two (and only two) cities? Assuming you have six full days and six full nights, you might consider something like this (assuming you are flying into and out of Madrid): <BR><BR>Day 1 arrive Madrid and train to Seville<BR>Day 2 Seville<BR>Day 3 Seville (perhaps day trip to C&oacute;rdoba)<BR>Day 4 train to Madrid<BR>Day 5 Madrid<BR>Day 6 Madrid (perhaps day trip to Toledo)<BR><BR>If you really want to try to see Granada on this trip, why not forget Madrid altogether and spend three nights in Seville, two in Granada, and the last in Madrid for convenience purposes? My personal opinion is that in six days I would change hotels no more than once (maybe twice if you must get back to Madrid to catch a flight).<BR><BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Leslie

Minni, M's itinerary is very doable, however, I would take the train to Madrid on day 5 instead of day 4, and spend the extra day in Seville. You could also stop in Cordoba on the way to Seville. I believe the train ride between Cordoba and Seville is about 90 minutes one way. And there are a couple of trains between Seville and Granada that are under 3 hours each way. But, you also might want to skip Cordoba and instead go to Granada to see the Alhambra. Make sure you order tickets in advance and go as early as possible. Also if you only spend 1 to 1.5 days in Madrid, you will probably have seen enough.<BR><BR>Otherwise check www.renfe.es for the train schedule. The AVE train between Madrid and Seville is only 2.5 hours.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Garry

Check out www.madridman.com for advice also.<BR>