Italy - Tuscany - Villa/Hotel suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to spend 2-3 nights a little bit off the beaten track in Tuscany.<BR><BR>I had tried to reach &quot;La Saracina&quot; in Pienza with no success (are they still running it?) <BR><BR>If anyone can recommend a beautiful farmhouse a little ways off the beaten track (not TOO many Americans), which either serves great food or is close to a small town that does, please let me know. Would like to spend $200 or so per night for me and my wife. Not sure how much that will get us.<BR><BR>Thanks everyone,<BR><BR>Matthew
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:39 AM

Matthew, For only 2 or 3 nites you may not find a &quot; farmhouse&quot; per se. If you want a quaint &amp; rustic Tuscan experience<BR>then let me suggest these:<BR>www.lacosta.it<BR>www.palazzodelcapitano .com<BR>www.lacollegiata.it <BR>The first is in the same village with La Chiusa--the food does not get any better than that. Good luck ! We will be back in this region in Oct.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:18 AM
rex

From a similar recent question - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34407974<BR><BR>Aut hor: rex<BR>Date: 03/21/2003, 10:10 am<BR><BR>Message: This is available by the day, with a 3-day minimum.<BR><BR>http://www.domani-usa.com/siena/quercia/index.htm<BR><BR>I think that they have some others with similar provisions.<BR><BR>I would urge you to call the owner (Larry Haase) and discuss what you are seeking with him. Feel free to say that I referred you to him.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:26 AM

Don't know anything about this, including price, but it looked nice when someone sent it to me:<BR><BR>http://www.canonicacerreto.it/
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Let me clarify a bit--not looking for an appartment but rather something with a bit more hospitality. Perhaps Pienza or anywhere else between Molticino and Montepulciano.<BR><BR><BR><BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:25 PM

Matthew:<BR><BR>In 2001 we stayed at Casa Satti in Montecarlo. Montecarlo is a tiny Tuscan hillside town that is off the beaten track yet very convenient to Florence, Lucca, Siena, Pisa, etc. You can do a search here on Casa Satti to obtain more information about it and visit their website at www.casasatti.com. We stayed 5 days and absolutely loved our accommodations. The pictures on the website are very accurate. There are only 2 accommodations there -- one smaller and perfect for a couple and the other is very, very large. The larger one is the one we (3 of us) stayed in. Casa Satti is run by a charming woman, Bianca, who helped us plan things to do while we were in the area. She also directed us to good places to eat and shop.<BR><BR>I HIGHLY recommend this place!
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 05:22 AM

So, what do you think Matt ?
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Bob and everyone, thanks for the advice.<BR><BR>La Collegiata was a bit out of my price range (350 euros was the cheapest they had), so narrowing down on La Costa (actually a bit cheaper than I was willing to go at 100 euros). Bob did you stay there? What was your experience like--kinds of other visitors, level of pampering, convenience to nice sights, room quality, etc. <BR><BR>VERY hard to choose...<BR><BR>I have another question:<BR><BR>Planning 3-4 nights in Tuscan Country side, 2-3 nights in Florence (not sure which order yet) then on to Italian and French Riviera, then fly Nice to Paris and stay there for the final 4 nights. <BR><BR>The fares and non-stop nature of flights to Rome rather than Florence have me now considering whether to fly to Rome and go straight up to southern Tuscany by car, or keep with the plan to start in Florence, venture south for a few days, then resume northward plan to Cinque Terre and beyond. I'm going to ask this question on a separate thread but maybe Bob has an idea.<BR><BR>Thanks guys!!