Italy or Spain

Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Italy or Spain

If you could pick between Italy or Spain - which would it be? What cities would you visit and what would be a CAN'T MISS activity?
Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM

Need to know more about YOU. I know what I like - but nothing about you.

Have you been to either? Been to europe? Thinking of going alone? Interests? Budget?
Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Hi there - Yep been to both and loved them. Will be traveling with my boyfriend who hasn't been to either. There will be two of us. We're looking to relax (no set time schedules or running around) but want to do it in a city not a tiny tiny village. Love everything and want variety. I enjoy churches but don't want to spend my time visiting every church etc...
Hope this helps.
Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM

No, sorry, it doesn't help. I bet if you and your boyfriend sit down with a couple of travel books on Spain and Italy you can figure it out, all by yourself. Why would you want strangers making that decision for you????
Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:19 PM

Betweem two options and the info you have given I would say spain. Especially Barcelona and Seville, much more art to see that is not in churches plus the atmosphere, energy, and bargins are better in Spain. However, you wouldn't be dissapointed in Italy.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM

Well I love Spain, but I love Italy even more. But that's just me. You did ask for opinions but if you've been to both I guess 'm curious why you don't have an opinion of your own. In Spain my favorite area is Andalusia - Seville but also Granada (and a short stop in Cordoba to see the Mezquita). But I also loved Barcelona and Salamanca and Segovia. In Italy - well there's no place in Italy I didn't love. Have you been to Sicily?

When are you going, that makes a difference, Andalusia is extremely hot in the summer. The coast of Italy is extremely crowded in summer - but Florence, Venice - they are actually less crowded in summer than spring and fall. Spain is a little cheaper than Italy. I prefer the food in Italy.

I have a ton of photos of both countries at www.pbase.com/annforcier. Take a look and see if anything grabs you.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:05 AM

Is it me or the OP just asked an opinion from other posters? She/he did not stated any intent to use this info to make up his/her mind, did not even indicated that there is any travel plans at all? YIKES...Some of you need to chill....

So, back to the POST: >>"If you could pick between Italy or Spain - which would it be?"<<. For travel, I would pick Italy; for living I would pick Spain.

>>What cities would you visit and what would be a CAN'T MISS activity?<<

Spain: Madrid, Salamanca, Segovia, Seville, Santiago, Toledo.

Italy: Rome, Assisi, Cinque Terre Region, Venice.

Activities?: Enjoy myself.