Italy in late October/Early November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have nver been to Italy and just got two weeks off and we would like to fly to Rome, then go to Florence and Venice and then fly out of Rome. Is the weather still comfortable then?
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM

I have not been to Italy during that time of year, so cannot comment on that but I did want to ask if you have your flights booked yet?

If not, may I suggest booking an open jaw ticket so you don't have to backtrack.

Keep your desired itinerary, just fly home from Venice rather than going back to Rome.

I am sure you wil get many responses about weather. Otherwise you can always check weather.com for averages.

Have fun!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:32 PM

Hi, we will be visiting Florence in mid-October. From what I've read it can be a bit rainy and not so warm, but there can be sunny days more than not. I would think that on the whole Venice and Rome will have the same type of weather as Florence. November I guess would be colder and more rainy.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:33 PM

The weather is certainly still "comfortable," although you have a greater chance of rain than you would in other months. To stay "comfortable," wear waterproof shoes and pack a waterproof poncho. (You can buy an umbrella there.) There is plenty to do in Roma, Firenze and Venezia if it rains.

Have a good time!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:34 PM

PS: I don't know if you are from America, but if you are, pack as you would for a trip to Washington DC in Oct/Nov.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM

It's my favorite time of year to go to Italy. There may be some rain....but it is usually cool...not cold.
Blazer & a rain coat.....I've never needed gloves!!
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:38 AM

I did this trip last year at the same time and the weather was great in Florence and Rome, between 60-75 one day of rain. Venice was cooler but we were fine with a sweater. Of course you can never really tell, but last year was just about perfect!