fall weather italy

Search

fall weather italy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fall weather italy

We're planning a fall trip to Italy. Is Nov. too late? Has anyone traveled in Italy at this time. --Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan It's supposed to be the rainiest month. Seems like it would be a little less crowded than Sept. and Oct. but don't want miserable weather.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:09 PM

Nov. can be iffy. I would move into Oct. if you can.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 09:25 PM

Hi evyce, I would anticipate rainy weather (along with electrical storms) in November in northern Italy (Venice and Milan). Less crowded yes. Everything is a tradeoff. If you want blue skies and sunshine November is not the time to visit Italy IMO.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 09:38 PM
cmt

I was in sicily in mid-November a few years ago, and it was very pleasant. It was quite mild in most places, almost hot in Palermo and in parts of the west coast, but pretty cold in the in the Nebrodi Mts. In two weeks I had one day of heavy rain, and I think two or three days that were drizzly for part of the day. It was not the best possible weather, but it was pretty good. One seasonal attraction in November was that it was olive harvest time.

I've never been to Rome, Venice, Florence or Milan in November. However, I was in Venice in October 2003 and found it hot (didn't need a jacket or sweater and was hot with just a light cotton top). A few years before I was in Florence in October, when it was unseasonably hot. I think October is an ideal time in Venice and Florence.
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 04:49 AM
rex

Just one more anecdote; people cite anecdotes here all the time, and they really are a terrible way to anticipate travel weather, but...

In Florence, people will still talk about the "great flood" (of 1966), for a century to come. It crested November 4.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 10:46 AM

I was in Rome and Florence in mid November a few years ago. The temperatures were mild--highs in the 50s and 60s I think--and there was only one or two truly rainy days, but the weather was often overcast. I was very excited when we finally had a day of gorgeous full sun--it also was very warm that day, probably low 70s. (Though I also remember that the cloudy day in Florence was lovely in a misty autumnal way.) The lack of crowds and the off-season prices were very nice, however, and I don't regret going when we did. For instance, there was no wait at all at the Uffizi...