Italian reservation translation please!

Jul 12th, 2002, 03:01 AM
abc

Italian reservation translation please!

How would I write this in Italian (the hotel wants to charge me up front, not just hold my number, several months in advance):
"I will be happy to send you my credit card information. But would you please first tell me what your cancellation policy is?"
Thanks!

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:04 AM
ajs

"sarò felice di trasmettervi le mie informazioni della carta di credito. Ma prego in primo luogo mi direste che cosa la vostra politica di annullamento è?"

It's easy:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Alice Twain

It's easier, I am Italian ^_^

Prima di trasmettervi i dati della mia carta di credito, vi prego di comunicarmi quali politiche saranno da voi applicate in caso di annullamento della prenotazione.

Jul 12th, 2002, 06:41 AM
gac

topping for the benefit of the traveling public. Grazie Alice Twain.

Jul 12th, 2002, 06:44 AM
abc

Thanks guys!

Jul 12th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Alice Twain

I forgot one thing, remember to garnish the translation with a few "per favore" on top and a couple "grazie" at the end. ^_^

Jul 12th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Elena

I would advise you to write your question in English. Most hotels have English speaking staff and will return a reply in a language you will understand. It will save continuing misconceptions in translation. Good luck.

Jul 12th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Agree

I agree with Elena...what are you going to do when the answer comes back in Italian?! It would be better to write a brief note IN ITALIAN apologizing that you are not too facile in the language and then proceed in English, asking for an answer in English and then lots of grazie as Alice reminds us!