Reload this Page >

italian honeymoon itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:02 AM
AMF

We are heading to Italy in October for a 13 day honeymoon. So far I have booked 3 nights in Florence - from there we would like to spend another 3 nights in Tuscany (Siena, Montalcino, Chianti) before heading down to the Amalfi coast. Problem is I'm not sure where it would be best (we have a car) to stay. We'd like to spend one day in Siena and spend the rest of our time just soaking in the countryside, eating good food and maybe hitting a vineyard or two. Any suggestions of a good place(s) to stay?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Mike

Just food for thought. We went to Europe for our honeymoon. Food for thought -- How much time do you want to spend packing & unpacking, checking in/out of hotels. Maybe consider a couple of key spots and day trip.<BR><BR>Enjoy!!! We love Europe

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:16 AM
Alice Twain

If you have a car you may consider looking for agritourisms. You will be hosted at a farm, at times even at a winery (how would you like not just hitting but actually sleeping in a winery?) in a private room with all comforts. Some agritourisms will also offer dinner and all offer breakfast. Chosing your location carefully you will be able to be within easy reach of both Siena and the Chianti area (including Montalcino). You can find a complete list of tuscanian agritourisms at www.agriturismo.regione.toscana.it: look for your favorite area and call the various agritourisms for booking, this usually turns out far cheaper than going through an agency.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:21 AM
Bill Fleites

Sounds like a good and doable plan to me. I would normally have recommended Venice, specially for a honeymoon, but since you're going in October I agree that heading south so the Amalfi coast is a good idea. It is also very beautiful and romantic, make sure to go to Capri.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

AMF, Stay in Montalcino and day trip thru the Val d' Orcia---the best of Tuscany.Go to www.montalcino-tuscany.com<BR>for more details. Eat at Grappolo Blu and read the book Vanilla Beans & Brodo before you go. That is real Tuscany.