Honeymoon in Italy?

Search

Honeymoon in Italy?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2003, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Italy?

My fiance and I really want to go to Italy on our honeymoon next October. I think Tuscany would be perfect... any Canadians with good experiences? Or general tips? Ideas of cost?
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 08:01 AM

October in Tuscany will be nice for a honeymoon -- a bit cool but not too cold, and not too rainy. There should be some pretty good bargains in hotels at that time.

I'm not Canadian so I suppose I can't offer my own travel experiences. Other than this: I live in Florida, and my experiences with Canadians who come to Florida on vacation are uniformly unpleasant. The Canadians who visit our area are the most obnoxious, arrogant, self-righteous people I've ever seen, and I've been all over the world.

Having got that out of my system, I'm sure you are not one of THOSE Canadians. If I were going to Tuscany at that time of year, I'd probably want to stay south of Siena, rent a car, and then drive all around to visit the various villages. Or do you do that on a honeymoon? I forgot. Good luck.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 08:03 AM
ira

Gee, gettinhitched, now I see why you asked for Canadians.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 08:05 AM
ira

Hi GH,

Autumn in Tuscany is a great idea. Costs go from low to high. Have you any idea of how long and how much you want to spend.

Also see "Helpful Information: Italy".
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 10:19 AM

I mentioned this to another "honeymooner" but I'll repeat again...

You might want to consider a cruise from say Rome to Venice (or similar). You could include a pre and/or post stay on land as well.

IMO, the best deal going right now is through Radisson. Their offering 2 for the price of 1 sailings including October, 2004. The Diamond is the ship and it is definitely 5 star, small holding only around 300 passengers. It is really top notch in all respects and would make for a very pampered honeymoon while seeing so much of Italy. You can find out more about it on the Radisson website (rssc.com) or through the TA I used (http://www.brownandkeenetravel.com).

This special 2 for 1 is only good for the first 40 cabins booked for a particular sailing so time is of the essence. There are lots of Italy itineraries. Whatever you chose, I hope your wedding and honeymoon will be wonderful!
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Congrats, gettinhitched! You may want to check out this new Italy trip report, if you haven't already. They stayed in a couple of places in Tuscany that sound divine for a honeymoon

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 11:30 AM

Tuscany was our favorite part of our Wonderful Italian honeymoon this summer. YOu can see my trip report at
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads..._roz&fid=2

this board, Rick Steves book and www.tuscany.net helped tremendously! Do rent a car b4 you go also.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 11:32 AM

sorry, try this link. Hope you find it helpful. Congrats!
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34431624
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:46 AM
DrG

We (USA) spent our honeymoon in Tuscany in May and loved it. We stayed in a villa in a town 20 minutes south of Florence, Imprunetta and rented a car. We were right on the Chianti Road...very honeymoon like experience.
Gary