Search

Poconos Honeymoon Ideas or Itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poconos Honeymoon Ideas or Itinerary?

Hi all,

I am planning a honeymoon and someone mentioned Poconos to me. I am thinking for 4-5 days and have no idea what I am doing. I'm doing research , but I am overwhelmed. While I do research, any recommendations of things I should do or places I should visit? That would help alot to streamline this research alot.

Thank you so much.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 10:10 AM

Sorry, but all I can think about are the 70's ads when I got married 25 years ago of glass champagne soaking tubs for two. There isn't a disinfectant that could get me into one of those.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 10:56 AM

They still have honeymoon resorts in the Pocanos with heart shaped tubs and champagne glass shaped jacuzzis. Real tacky.

For OP - the Internet is your friend. Start your research by doing a Google search for "Pocanos honeymoon" - you'll find hundreds of links outlining places to stay, things to do, etc.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 12:14 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
The Poconos honeymoon is almost as outdated as the Niagara Falls honeymoon.
When and where are you getting married? Do you want a warm weather destination and can you afford what you want?
DW and I got married 40 years ago in Pennsylvania. We went on our honeymoon in Virginia and the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We never even considered the Poconos.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 05:07 PM

A young colleague of mine went to one of those Pocono honeymoon places a couple of years ago (recommended by her mother). She said it was mortifying. that drunken groups of people would stand outside the door of the "honeymoon suites" at night and chant "we know what you're doing".

If I were you I would go anyplace else.

What are your interests? Or do you just want to relax for a few days? I would go anyplace that does not feature honeymoon.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 05:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember seeing ads for Pocono honeymoon resorts in wedding magazines when I was a little girl and thought 'How Dreamy' . . . I outgrew that at about age 14 . . .
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 07:15 AM

Well, trini, did we help?
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM

I used to read those same ads, and as part on a trip to Pennsylvania last summer, we actually found a package deal for a place called Pocono Palace. We did the whole bit-- champagne tower suite with round bed in mirrored room, heart shaped pool in the suite, etc. It was a hoot and there were all ages of people there, even young honeymooners. The "newlywed game" in the lounge was very raunchy and there were sex toys in the gift shop along with the candles and keychains and typical kitchy stuff.

On the other hand, there were typical resort things like rowboats and archery. It was fun for one night if you got in the groove. But definitely not for an entire honeymoon.