Search

Istanbul Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Istanbul Hotels

Would love to hear input on hotels in Istanbul. Location is key as well as amenities.
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 05:49 PM

I'm going myself in less than 3 weeks. What's your budget for hotel per night?
The two primary areas for hotels seem to be Sultanahmet, the old city, and Beyoglu, the newer district, but within Beyoglu
there are a few neighborhoods with recommended hotels.
Some like staying in Sultahahmet because it has the historic atmosphere, though others criticize it for being congested and hard to get around in. I'm planning on staying at the Marmara Istanbul, on Taksim Square. That does have convenient transportation connections to Sultanahmet, via metro, tram, or bus.
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM

When we were in Istanbul we stayed at Hotel Dersaadet-It is a refurbished Ottoman house-kind of a botique hotel. www.dersaadethotel.com
If you stayed a certain amout of days they picked you up at the airport. It was in the sultanhmet area. The rooftop balcony had a wonderful view of the Blue Mosque. Perfect location for all of Istanbul.
A friend of a friend wanted a place to stay in Istanbul and I rec'd this one-she is there now so I am anxious to hear of her report of her stay there. I hope this helps-Chris
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM

I would stay at either the Ritz-Carlton or the Ciragan Kempinski.

If I had to stay in Sultanahmet, I would sleep at Yesil Ev.

Thingorjus
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 05:54 AM

You aren't allowed to advertise here, winterday.

I am reporting you to Fodor's.

Thin
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 06:14 AM

We stayed in the old part at a hotel called the Spectra Hotel. Location was excellent and the staff was super. Room was very small but charming. Paid 109 euros for hotel and airport pick-up. I would not want to stay for an extended time because of the small room but outstanding location and service. I would definately recommend it for a couple or 3 nights.
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Like BeniciaChris, we loved our stay at the Dersaadet Oteli in Sultanahmet. Very charming little hotel, great location, good breakfast included. And the staff was really fantastic! We would definitely stay there again.

For info and pics visit our Istanbul post at http://patrinadoestheglobe.blogspot.com/
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Bookmarking
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
gbs

We are also looking for a hotel. We need to be close to 7 Hills Hotel where are friends are staying, but something not as expensive or elaborate. Any ideas?
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 11:33 PM

To Cries_Van_Notebook:

I am sorry, I didn't mean to advertise, I just wanted to help.

To GBS: Hello! You can contact me at [email protected].
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Tashkonak. www.hoteltashkonak.com/ Between the Blue Mosque and the Sea of Mamara, tiny side street (but the whole area is like that), small but nicely appointed rooms, pleasant breakfast terrace (enclosed), nice staff. Since we were staying 8 nights both pick up and drop off at the airport was included. In most cities I have no problem taking public transportation from the airport and walking a few blocks to the hotel. I am soooo glad I did not have to do this in Istanbul. We never would have found it. The location is good, less than ten minute walk to Blue Mosque, it’s just the streets are so small (and poorly marked) that finding it in the first place would have been hell. Once we knew where we were going it was a fine location. Good value, nice breakfast, great view from rooftop breakfast room.

I did a trip report if you are interested:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ith-photos.cfm
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM

try the Erbil hotel

(3* located in Topkapi) (GOOD REVIEWS)

It is 500 m. away from the Grand Bazaar and Suleymaniye mosque, 300m. away from Blue Mosque, St. Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Saint Sophia Museum and other worldwide famous museums
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 05:14 AM

Just returned from Istanbul & stayed in the Sari Konak...couldn't have been happier. The location was perfect--we walked to every major site & much preferred Sultanhamet to Beyoglu, which was modern & trendy, with little character. In addition, it involved taking 2 trams from one location to another.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:33 AM

Everyones experiences may be different concerning travel style, allocated time, budget, time of year, purpose of travel etc.
Most favorible area is ofcourse Sultanhamet but Taksim, Beyoglu, Pera districts are fine to especially after the tram routes between Tunnel or Taksim to Sultanahmet.

Other exciting place to stay is Asian side of Istanbul and cross Bosphorus to do daily visits. Some travellers starts from one side and ends the other side and have feeling of both areas and enjoy its diversity.

Happy travelling,

Murat