Istanbul hotel recomendation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Istanbul for one night before we return to the US after our cruise. Are there any recommendations for a hotel in a central location for $150.00 or so? Since we only have one day we are looking for something with the most central location to the major sights. Thanks!
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Hi

For a little more have a look at Seven Hills Hotel - http://www.hotelsevenhills.com. The hotel has character and the terrace is amazing. Located in Sultanahmet. Whatever hotel you choose I suggest you stay in the old city for sightseeing.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 04:28 AM

You might also look at the Faros Hotel - http://www.faroshotelistanbul.com/.

I've booked it for our stay in early November. I did a lot of research; it's in a very central location and it gets good reviews. I think it's in your price range.

Whatever hotel you choose, the area called Sultanahmet is closest to the major sights.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:23 AM

We have stayed at the Seven Hills and liked it. We also stayed at Ottoman Hotel Imperial and liked it a bit better than the Seven Hills (for rooms, not for restaurant.) Both are in the Sultanhamet area which is for sure where you want to stay. To consider even more hotels do a search on this forum for Istanbul Hotels and also go on TripAdvisor to check out Istanbul Hotels. There are multiple hotels in the area by the Seven Hills, each with its own proponents. Read the reviews and see which ones sound most appealing to you.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM

I just returned from Istanbul last night. We stayed at the Best Point Hotel on Akbiyik Cadessi 81 in Sultanahmet. It is 2 blocks from aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque and Topkapi and was very quiet. Just up the block from the hotel was the Arasta Bazaar. It was remodeled 1 year ago and the staff was friendly and so helpful. We had a triple room for $160 a night. Breakfast was served every morning. We loved everything about this hotel and its location.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM

Megara Palace near Tokapi and Megara Hotel near Blue Mosque are lovely small hotels in the middle of everything and relatively inexpensive. http://www.megarahotel.com/index2.html Stayed at the Hotel last November for about $80/night, including a fair breakfast - Palace is more. Staff are all very helpful. Mehmet Asai was managing the hotel when we were there and has great information.