Notices

Isole Campane: Capri, Ischia and Procida

Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 04:03 AM
SHADRACH

Isole Campane: Capri, Ischia and Procida

I have read a lot of good information about Capri on this website. However, I wonder why Ischia and Procida don't seem to be very popular destinations. Most posts claim that Capri is like an earthly paradise. Some posts claim that Ischia is more interesting than Capri in spite of the Blue Grotto. Others claim that Procida is like stepping back in time.

To sum up, they are very different and, far from being "sisters", I think that they are more like "cousins".

1. What do you think of these three islands?

2. On which one would or wouldn't you spend time and why?

I hope this forum is useful for everybody.

Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I visited Ischia for the first time last late-May. We chose it for various reasons:
1) because a friend's family was from there and she always said, "The next time you got to Italy, go to Ischia."

2) because we wanted a place to swim and kick back at the end of a trip to other parts of Italy.

3) because we wanted to soak in hot thermal waters.

4) because we wanted to spend a few days on an island.

We were pleasantly surprised at how much we completely enjoyed our 4 nights there! I think it gets very crowded in July and August, but the end of May was perfect.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM

Mostly Germans and Italians vacation on Ischia. My family is there so we go every year. I think Americans are familiar with Capri from movies, etc. My family often asks why Americans don't come to Ischia. I have no answer. It is much better, much cheaper and a totally wonderful place.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 03:19 AM

ttt
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 03:35 AM

I've twice spent a week on Capri, loved it and hope to go back.

Last year we spent a week in June on Ischia (Sant'Angelo) and it was idyllic - so we are going back, for another week, in 9.5 weeks' time !

We just took a day trip to Procida and will probably do the same again. It was nice but not quite as nice as Ischia IMO.

I think anyone who doesn't speak Italian or German might struggle a bit sometimes on Ischia.