Capri or Corsica?

Jan 14th, 2003, 02:50 PM
jen

Capri or Corsica?

hi ALl:

Would love to hear from anyone who has visited both places. Which do you recommend?

Jan 14th, 2003, 02:55 PM
rar

Hmm I don't think most people would compare the two, being that most people do Capri as a day trip or a one-two night stay.. while Corsica would be a longer trip simply due to the transportation times being much longer. More info on what you're looking for might be helpful

Jan 14th, 2003, 03:16 PM
x

Haven't been to either one- but in general Capri sounds very "commercialized." I would do Corsica & Sardinia, 5 nights each. I think that would be a nice, relaxing vacation.

Jan 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
yz

x, if you havent been to either dont jump to conclusions, how foolish.

Jan 14th, 2003, 04:23 PM
x

yz-

I can read, and I have many threads on this board regarding Capri, Sardinia and Corsica. It seems to be many fodorites opinion that Capri is very commercial. You have never formed an opinion on something you have read about it?

Jan 14th, 2003, 05:52 PM
karin

a day or two on capri is still magical...town and country magazine did an article in last months (nov or dec) issue.
corsica...it's history, culture & people....more of a destination than a side trip. the scenery on west side of the island is spectactular.

Jan 14th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Mike

Haven't been to Corsica, but Capri... ahhh... paradise, in my opinion. Stayed there two nights. Fabulous, magical, wonderful are all adjectives I'd use. Commercial, well, not sure what that means. Yes, there are lots of tourists, but most go back to the mainland at the end of the day. Shops, yes, lots and lots. But half the fun is exploring the tiny little walkways and passages through the town as you explore the shops, restaurants and other places. Pricey? Doesn't have to be. We stayed in 1-star Hotel Tosca, and it was excellent. Was more like a 2-star. And you can always take the bus or a taxi to Anacapri and/or to Faro in the far corner of the island to escape the tourists. I would recommend Capri to anyone in a heartbeat; moreover, I'd recommend at least an overnighter, not a day trip.