Island day trips from Naxos?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m trying to decide between Naxos and Paros. I know from Paros I can easily do a day trip to Antiparos, but from Naxos are there any other islands I can go to via a short ferry ride?
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 09:47 PM

Delos is the obvious one.
https://www.ferryhopper.com/en/desti...s/greece/delos
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We visited Delos from Mykonos, a short ferry ride, did a half day trip. Also enjoyed a day trip to Symi, from Rhodes.
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 02:00 AM

Both Paros and Naxos have many opportunities for day trips to other islands. The excursion boats Naxos Star and Alexander have day trips to Delos/Mykonos, Santorini and Iraklia/Koufonisi (Small Cyclades) from both Paros and Naxos. From either Naxos or Paros you can visit the other on a day trip by scheduled ferry. Contrary to popular opinion Paros and Antiparos have a better selection of beaches, both organised and not, while Naxos has a better selection of inland mountain villages.

There will be other opportunities for day trips by checking the travel agencies on Naxos and Paros. Most are located near the ferry port on each island, but leave yourself enough time to thoroughly explore the island you choose to stay on. With day trips to other islands you spend a lot of time getting there and back, and leave before the towns come alive in the evenings. With Antiparos you can stay until evening, because ferries from Pounta (Paros) leave and return every 30 minutes during the day, and continue running until after midnight.

Last edited by Heimdall; Aug 15th, 2023 at 02:31 AM.