Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > IS THERE MORE TO SEE IN PRAGUE THAN FLORENCE

IS THERE MORE TO SEE IN PRAGUE THAN FLORENCE

Jun 26th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

IS THERE MORE TO SEE IN PRAGUE THAN FLORENCE

Hi

I've been to Venice, Florence and Rome,
I found 3 days enough for Venice and Florence and needed longer for Rome.

Is Prague around the same, for sites to see as Florence and Venice?. Or is it more the size of Rome?.

Thanks
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Prague is more the size of Florence or Venice. If you found 3 days enough for them you will probably find it enough for Prague.

IMHO you really need at least 5 - more with day trips - but I would say the same for Florence or Venice - so I guess it;s just a different styles of travel.
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:54 AM

I've never been in Prague, but some of my friends here have and they say it's enough with a weekend trip , so I suppose it is about 3 days Also, I don't think it has half of the places to visit that Florence has.
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM

Prague is very beautiful, but I can not compaare it with Florence. For me, Florence is one of the richest cities (in museums and palats).
I stayed 6 days in Florence and I did not feel that it was too much. In Rome we spent 7 days (not enough for me).
In Prague, we spent 3 days and it was OK (if you do not make some trips out - to Karlovy Vary(spelling ??), Marianskie Lazne, Frederskie Lazne, Pilsen, etc).
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:15 AM
ira

Hi B,

I think 3 days in Prague is just sufficient. Four would be about right.

Jun 26th, 2005, 12:03 PM

Hi
Have you seen the answers on your othr thread regarding having three days in Prague?:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34640965

Florence has more art per square inch than any where else that I can think of, so 20 days wouldn't be nearly enough for me. I love Prague, have been twice for 4-5 days each time and will go again, but although it has a couple of fine collections, it is not the art mecca that Florence is, imo.
Also, Florence's best art and architecture are of the Renaissance; Prague's best is of the Baroque and also Art Nouveau.

Search this Thread