Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there any elevator in Ponte Sisto (Rome)?

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have booked Ponte Sisto for our stay in Rome for May, having an impression that there is an elevator.

But these few days, I don't know why I suddenly am not sure if there is one and I could not find any info on the hotel website. We have a baby and eventually a stroller, so this is important for us.

Does anyone know?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Yes there's an elevator. We actually had a problem there with no A/C and complete lack of concern on the part of the hotel so I hat to say nice things about them, but in truth if you got a good rate and nothing goes wrong it's a very comfortable hotel in a great location. Ask in advance for rooms at the back; they're the same price, much bigger and quieter but you have to know to ask.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:11 PM

My family and I stayed at the Ponte Sisto in 2006. My recollection is that there are a few steps to where the elevators are.

Eleanrow,

Interesting your comment about problems with A/C. We also had problems , and we had 3 rooms, all with problems. They kept insisting it was working fine (when it wasn't). They finally moved us.The new rooms were a bit better but not by much.

The rooms were very small.

Nice location and courtyard.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. That's what I want to know.

I read some comments about a/c in the hotel on this forum.

I am now also considering getting an apartment in another hotel. But I will post a separate message on that.

Thanks.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:30 AM

cruiseluv,
That's exactly what they did to us. We had 2 rooms with a hallway door you could close to make them connecting. 1st they told us that was the problem so to keep that door open. Then they told us it was working fine. Then they had someone come to fix it while we were out but he didn't do anything and they didn't follow up to see if it was working. Then they told us there was nothing to do because it was the weekend and the hotel was full. They finally moved us which is how I know about the rear-facing rooms. We were supposed to return for our final night in Rome but I cancelled and booked at Grand Hotel de la Minerve instead, which was great in what we thought was a really perfect location, but much more expensive.