COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

is elba worth a visit?

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 01:44 PM
monica

is elba worth a visit?

My daughter and I are interested in some unique sites along the coast in Tuscany. We are picking-up a car in Florence and would be greatful for any ideas!!

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 01:59 PM
pam

Monica, We had a mid trip change of plans last Sept and spend three great days on Elba. If you are taking your car, it would be even better. It is very German. Lots of boats from Germany, signs in German etc. Depending on when you go, you might need to make reservations for rooms ahead of time. After Sept 10th or so, you would have no problem. Ferries run almost 24/7. There is a excellent web site, with lots of beach pictures. 3 days would be a nice amount of time to spend. Have you looked at Cinque Terra yet? Do not miss it!
Pam

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 02:39 PM
monica

Thanks pam for the feedback!I just read about cinque terre, and it sounds like the perfect coastal village! Wondering where you stayed on Elba? Thanks for your info!!

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 12:09 PM
kevena

Hi,

We will be going to Elba in early September. We have booked Hotel del Gulfo on Elba. They have reasonable prices, breakfast and dinner are optionally included, they don't charge extra for use of the beach side facilities (towls, lounge chairs etc) and they have helped us with our ferry reservations/tickets to the island.

So far, I would recommend this hotel.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 08:31 PM
Mark

My wife and I spent a few days on Elba in June of this year. Although some of the towns have some element of the usual tourist tackiness, the island is beautiful. Very dry, sunny climate, and the water is shades of blue I've never seen before. Felt like I was in an airline commercial. Had a fantastic lunch at the Ristorante Publius in the town of Poggio. Table by the windows with an incredible view down the mountain to the sea. Yes, Elba is worth it!

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 03:23 PM
---

:
any other elba fans?

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Napoleon

It is a nice place, but after 10 months I found it very confining (those Brits will get on anyone's nerves) and felt a need to return home. Much more convenient to the continent than, say, St. Helena.

See more information at:

http://www.napoleon.org/us/us_ci/gui...ail.asp?num=84

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Barbara

We stayed in Elba for 3 days at the end of July, at Villa Ottone, a 4* hotel ocean front. It was beautiful, the hotel was great. we drove around the island each day,

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Barbara

my previous message got cut off, but I was saying that a visit to Elba is well worth it. The beaches on the south shore are lovely and sandy, the towns to the north (and elsewhere) are great and the restaurants were wonderful too.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:56 AM
sandi

topping for Andrew

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:38 PM
topper

topping for Michele

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 05:48 AM
ttttt

topping for the elba person